SEC conference only

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You may be correct, but today we are hearing rumors that MLB will be shutting down for 2 weeks to stop the spread, and they had NO fans in the seats at any of their games.

This is happening with all the money in the world, and with less players involved. If MLB cannot make it work, how in the heck is CFB going to make it work?
I think the MLB is going to finish their season one way or another. Guys were going to get this and they have contingency plans for this (player pool, AAA guys ready to play, schedule realignment). The MLB shutting down are just rumors. The "spread" is in one club house (Marlins), who are playing again on Monday. The Phillies don't have one case, but are shut down until Monday as well for precautionary reasons. The Cards had two players test positive and are shutting down for precautionary reasons bc they don't want something like the Marlins to happen to them.

The MLB is being looked at very closely by CFB and the NFL right now, as well as the NBA but the bubble scenario just won't work for either. So these leagues are going to look at what works for the MLB, what doesn't work, and try and figure it out from there.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm not going to say there's no way the season gets played, but people were also saying there's no way the NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, etc, would play this summer and here we are. Once the Marlins news dropped, almost everyone said, "seasons done, wrap it up, guys tested positive". Well here we are, games getting postponed, and the season still being played.

The fact of the matter is people are going to test positive. Without going to a bubble, it's absolutely inevitable.

We all know that people are going to test positive. The question is why that seems to be OK.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We all know that people are going to test positive. The question is why that seems to be OK.
No clue you'd probably have to ask the players who signed on to play for every single one of those leagues.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Well the Big 12 hasn't technically stated they're going to all conference right? Unless something dropped today that I didn't hear. As of right now, everyone's playing who's on their schedule unless a team on that schedule has to adhere to their conference's rules. So OU is probably looking for a team because Tennessee can't play, Texas too because LSU can't play, etc.

Bowlsby said the conference has 4-5 schedule options they are looking at and will decide at the beginning of the week next week.
I guess where I'm at is if all other P5 conferences elect to play conference only, what can the Big 12 possibly stand to gain by keeping their non con games? Suddenly it becomes a situation where each non con game for the Big 12 is a lose/ lose scenario

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I guess where I'm at is if all other P5 conferences elect to play conference only, what can the Big 12 possibly stand to gain by keeping their non con games? Suddenly it becomes a situation where each non con game for the Big 12 is a lose/ lose scenario
I realize TV $ might be locked in, but would they have TV $ to gain as the only P5 college football content available?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You would ask why they're putting them in that position.
Choices are rarely as free as the one you're painting. Pressure from teammates, coaches, and fans plays a huge role.
I understand what you're saying it's 100% more complicated than a yes or no answer.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think the MLB is going to finish their season one way or another. Guys were going to get this and they have contingency plans for this (player pool, AAA guys ready to play, schedule realignment). The MLB shutting down are just rumors. The "spread" is in one club house (Marlins), who are playing again on Monday. The Phillies don't have one case, but are shut down until Monday as well for precautionary reasons. The Cards had two players test positive and are shutting down for precautionary reasons bc they don't want something like the Marlins to happen to them.

The MLB is being looked at very closely by CFB and the NFL right now, as well as the NBA but the bubble scenario just won't work for either. So these leagues are going to look at what works for the MLB, what doesn't work, and try and figure it out from there.

Oh it’s probably in lots of other houses too. Because they aren’t in a bubble. That’s what the “there’s going to be positive test” people aren’t getting. This isn’t happening in a vacuum. That’s why positive tests are bad no matter what symptoms or severity a positive testee exhibits and why Murph is pissing me off every day. Those positive tests inevitably become more positive tests and those positive tests could be anyone by the time you get to the third or fourth degree of separation and their symptoms and severity can look a lot different than random professional or collegiate athletes’. As long as we accept perpetuating this virus then we’re not going to get past it.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Could we at least get weekly intramural flag football games to watch? Something, anything ... Campbell could be a guest coach ...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Oh it’s probably in lots of other houses too. Because they aren’t in a bubble. That’s what the “there’s going to be positive test” people aren’t getting. This isn’t happening in a vacuum. That’s why positive tests are bad no matter what symptoms or severity a positive testee exhibits and why Murph is pissing me off every day. Those positive tests inevitably become more positive tests and those positive tests could be anyone by the time you get to the third or fourth degree of separation and their symptoms and severity can look a lot different than random professional or collegiate athletes’. As long as we accept perpetuating this virus then we’re not going to get past it.

Do you want herd immunity or do you want to hide in a cave?