Rumor going around in StL

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I love these replies. If you can't handle a little rumor mill why the heck are you on a sports message board?

Don't get your panties in such a wad. Take a rumor or leave it. It doesn't matter one bit to me. The Internet is serious business to you guys.

Awwww....poor baby get his feewing hurt?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say this about ISU coaching rumors. If there is one thing we should all know about Pollard - when it comes to coaching moves especially - he makes sure NO ONE knows what he is going to do until he does it.

These rumors are all just a bunch of speculation...

+1

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That's genius. The person who told me isn't unconfirmed to me. :twitcy:

Santa Claus isn't unconfirmed to children, and pro wrestling is real to Southerners. That doesn't make them real to most of us.

You follow JP's track record, and he doesn't let rumors slip. Therefore, people discussing the rumors they hear going around are just spouting their own desires. You want KJ gone. That's fine. Say it that way instead of your tooth fairy rumor style.

Reactions: CyBobby

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I do have to say that the way rumors are treated on here is not always fair. I think posters like rebecacy and bobcat have made us all uneasy. I give the OP credit for making it clear that they are just rumors. Remember how the news broke about Chizik and Cael leaving? It started as a rumor that someone heard and posted a thread. As the hours and days wore on more and more surfaced.

So far this has all been smoke and we may never find a fire, but if a poster hears a rumor he should be able to post a thread here as long as he markets it as such. With that said I don't think the OP has helped himself out though out the thread. Still I think we need to have more tolerance for rumors, this isn't the Times (thank God).

/end rant

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Also hearing Cozart is leaving the program (no big loss) and Caldwell isn't coming to ISU.
If you think losing Cozart is a tragedy your wrong. The kid is a headcase and didnt live up to any of the hype that was brought with him. I do wish him luck if he goes elsewhere but he a not D1 material imo.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say this about ISU coaching rumors. If there is one thing we should all know about Pollard - when it comes to coaching moves especially - he makes sure NO ONE knows what he is going to do until he does it.

These rumors are all just a bunch of speculation...

Wrong wrong wrong. This speculation is all just a bunch of rumors. Get it straight.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
If you think losing Cozart is a tragedy your wrong. The kid is a headcase and didnt live up to any of the hype that was brought with him. I do wish him luck if he goes elsewhere but he a not D1 material imo.

I am guessing Cozart is facing a pretty big scholarship reduction as well as looking at never seeing the mat again on Varsity. So I would be in no way surprised if he left. Caldwell was always just a hopeful rumor.

Last edited:

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Carnac.jpg

Ed McMahon said:
I hold in my hand the envelopes. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a #2 mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes, but you, in your borderline divine and mystical way, will ascertain the answers having never before seen the questions.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Well let's see...since I wrote "no big loss" what does it tell you about how I feel regarding Cozart leaving?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Awwww....poor baby get his feewing hurt?

Ummm...no. LOL. That was the entire reason I posted. I don't care one way or the other. And I won't care if what I heard is wrong. It is just what I heard and I have no personal stake in it. The Internet is not very important to me unlike some others.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Ummm...no. LOL. That was the entire reason I posted. I don't care one way or the other. And I won't care if what I heard is wrong. It is just what I heard and I have no personal stake in it. The Internet is not very important to me unlike some others.

inconceivable.jpg

For not caring you seem to be getting awfully defensive when your rumors are challenged.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
inconceivable.jpg

For not caring you seem to be getting awfully defensive when your rumors are challenged.

My replies have mostly been to take it or leave it and that rumors are what they are. I don't think that qualifies as "defensive" but whatever.

meeksfam

Jul 5, 2011
That's the problem. The wrestling gurus/insiders like to jump down the throats of the fringe/bandwagon fans when we express concerns with the direction that things appear to be heading. But the reality is that the program needs those fringe/bandwagon fans, and they're not going to get our support until the program returns to respectability. The gurus can breakdown future lineups and if-and-but this thing to death, but support won't grow until ISU is competing for conference and national titles again.

My interest for wrestling grew while Sanderson wrestled here, and I pulled the trigger on season tickets and donated a bit to the Wrestling Club in Cael's final year as head coach. But I chose not to renew any of those things when Cael left. I'm a diehard football and basketball fan and will support those programs through thick and thin, but I'll openly admit to being a bandwagon wrestling fan. I'll support the team with my wallet, but not when the product is what it is today.

So, rather than criticizing people like myself, the gurus/insiders need to realize there are a bunch of us in wait-and-see mode. Don't tell us about the labor pains- just show us the baby. But many of them seem to take the criticism personally and would rather build a wall around their tight-nit group of die-hards and act as if they don't need fans like us anyway, which is wrong. You grow a fan base by winning over the fringe, and we're nowhere close to doing that right now.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Nobody is yelling at "fringe/bandwagon" fans for expressing concern. They are getting upset at people jumping in and demanding everyone get fired even though they haven't been paying attention all year by their own admission, and/or for gnashing their teeth about things that were well known over a year ago and discussed ad nasuem in scores of threads between now and then. And when facts are posted they aren't discussed, they are ignored because it's more fun to ***** than it is to actually examine the program and its issues. If you read the wrestling threads you can see that people asking honest questions or wanting clarification on something get responded to politely and with the information they are looking for.

This thread complaining about wrestling, started by a guy who has an axe to grind and is just making crap up has double the pageviews of the thread about actual results and discussion of the team's performance. That pretty much sums up why posters who follow wrestling have an increasingly short fuse for threads like this.

Last edited:

meeksfam

Jul 5, 2011
Don't tell us about the labor pains- just show us the baby

This is why some of you should get off the board, you have no idea what is going on and or what it takes to build somthing/ your comments are short sided and immature - now that does not mean that you are bad it just means you are lacking insite

Reactions: skibumspe

traparm1

Mar 17, 2012
Sorry Meeksfam, is there any way we can all get our posts approved by you before we post them, since you're the expert? I will tell you that it's admirable for you to be supportive of your sons "possible" future coaches, but have you observed the light weights this year? Has coach Washington done his job?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Are you seriously attacking the parent of a recruit? Wow. 7 posts too. Way to start off classy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron