Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
That seems like about as attractive as the exterior was going to get without seeming out of place with the existing stadium. I imagine there will be some additional cool landscaping to tie in with the gardens.

What are they all starting with this season if they're breaking ground already this summer?

I bet the exterior. A section of the parking lot will be closed and they won't have that entrance open.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
large.gif

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I like my .bmp I did in paint a while back and it got deleted from this site. :smile: It was the same idea but better quality I thought. The actual stadium should be great.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
As a person who currently sits in the SEZ, I am really excited about this!! Now my next question is how much are the rest of the seats going to cost?? I'm probably not going to get the $750 club seats.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I didn't think they would outdo the renderings from 5+ years ago. I thought that plan was perfect.

I was wrong.

What they plan on building is legitimately bad ***.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
As a person who currently sits in the SEZ, I am really excited about this!! Now my next question is how much are the rest of the seats going to cost?? I'm probably not going to get the $750 club seats.
They're adding a bunch of seating...i'd have to look at the numbers but that seems like to much work right now...but doubt they'll be "losing" any of the current end zone seats. You might be off in the corner though instead of straight on. Anyone have numbers on current End zone seats?

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Looks good, will add a lot to the current stadium and look great coming in on University. Will be interesting to see what the green space, parking , and possible/rumored tunnel/bridge will look like together with the stadium addition now. I'm guessing those plans (green space, parking, etc.) will be completed this fall so they can bid late fall and start construction right away in the spring (march/april).

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
"In addition to the new club section, there will be more permanent seat location options and price points for fan consideration."

Wonder where the seats will be for those of us with price points of the current $175 for the endzone?

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Well I have a boner at work.. This is awkward.
More awkward is telling all of us about it too. Do like the rest of us do, untuck your shirt, don't say anything and think about Kathy Bates in a bathing suit until you can take care of it in a private place.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Looks good, will add a lot to the current stadium and look great coming in on University. Will be interesting to see what the green space, parking , and tunnel/bridge will look like together with the stadium addition now. I'm guessing those plans (green space, parking, etc.) will be completed this fall so they can bid late fall and start construction right away in the spring (march/april).

Where did this tunnel/bridge stuff come from? Is that an AD statement?

I always thought that University (Elwood if you an old timer like me) is meant to act as a bit of a levy from Squaw creek - so a tunnel would be tough. And a bridge even more so.

Ammoyer

Jan 15, 2014
Am I the only one disappointed in the design? I was really hoping for something that integrated better with the curved sideline portions of the stadium. The wedges of seating that form the transitions from the SEZ seating to the sidelines don't do it for me. I was expecting to see something more fluid and more similar to the schematic design that was released in '08. I understand the need for the club seating and the monster video board and they need to be worked in somehow also, but the overall package should be considered.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that the project is approved and moving forward. It has been years in the making, but I'm a bit disappointed in the design.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
looks good, but are they really taking out two hill-sides for this? Just kidding. This is a great deal for the Cyclones!!! Can't wait!

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010

I always thought that University (Elwood if you an old timer like me) is meant to act as a bit of a levy from Squaw creek - so a tunnel would be tough. And a bridge even more so.
I've got a pretty simple solution for the University crossing problem.

Portal_Gun_Model_by_bevbor.png

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Am I the only one disappointed in the design? I was really hoping for something that integrated better with the curved sideline portions of the stadium. The wedges of seating that form the transitions from the SEZ seating to the sidelines don't do it for me. I was expecting to see something more fluid and more similar to the schematic design that was released in '08. I understand the need for the club seating and the monster video board and they need to be worked in somehow also, but the overall package should be considered.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that the project is approved and moving forward. It has been years in the making, but I'm a bit disappointed in the design.

url-17.gif

I'm not really sure what else could've been done to maximize the space for seating, while keeping the seating within a reasonable distance from the field (the whole curved sideline thing).

I'm not sure if these are what you're talking about or not

JackTriceexpansionrendering.jpg

One thing I don't like about this is the angle on the lower corners. I remember this from a game I went to at Kinnick before their renovation (don't ask, don't ask).

I got a scalp ticket on in the endzone on those old crap bleachers they had. Back during the Fry era when they just jammed seats in there. And the seat - even though I was in the endzone corner - and my seat angle was as though I was on the side line. I literally was looking across the bleachers and watched the game with my head turned at a near 90 angle to see the field.

I think these designs provide a better sight line to the field.

And again - they're just renderings and the inside one leaves A LOT to be desired. It may look quite a bit different in the end.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA

The bridge/tunnel is just a rumor I've heard.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Come on man. You joined the site four months ago and your first post is criticizing the SEZ renderings. At least say hello first before you start trolling.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron