RECRUITING: Darius McNeill status

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm chalking this one up in the "who cares" category. He would have transferred out after a year anyways once he figured out he didn't have Big 12 talent. 160 pounds isn't cutting it at this level.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He's a kid. An 18 year old (or whatever his age) making decisions that 99% can't even put into perspective. This isn't going to ruin our program. Some people on here may be the ones that need to grow up a little. LET IT GO.

True enough. No one likes the timing though, I think that's the main beef people have.

• Agree
Reactions: CyValley

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can't read the link. Did CP ask to talk to him and he ignored him?.Sounded like CP wanted to talk to him before he was going to release him

"I never really talked to him; we texted,” Prohm said in Burlington. “I talked to his mom. She asked if they could ask for a release. I told them the proper channels and explained the process of it."

I won't put it all on the young man though. I am guessing he had AAU dudes and the new school that recruited him away telling him "Don't talk with ISU except for your mom to get the paperwork stuff done." Less risk of him getting talked out of it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm chalking this one up in the "who cares" category. He would have transferred out after a year anyways once he figured out he didn't have Big 12 talent. 160 pounds isn't cutting it at this level.

Monte showed up weighing 148#.

McNeill can be really good, but I don't think playing on a really young and really bad Cal team is the best choice.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is what happens when you are raised by women jimlad
That is an oldie but a goodie.
Osemele020313E-photo-credit-to-the-Baltimore-Ravens-Shawn-Hubbard-240x300.jpg

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames

Sick of this ****. I hate when people act like we didn't want him just because we didn't get him. I was excited about him, and I think he would've been a good player here.

Having said that, it is time to move on

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Sick of this ****. I hate when people act like we didn't want him just because we didn't get him. I was excited about him, and I think he would've been a good player here.

I don't want him anymore because new information came out. He's not even man enough to talk to Prohm himself and had his mommy do it. Not the kind of player I want.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Didn't get him? He signed a LOI what 5 months ago? If wants to chase some sleazy AAU coach and play on the PAC-12 network after everyone has gone to bed then why should we act like its some huge loss for our school that he doesnt want to play here?

Reactions: isutrevman

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'll agree with that. People were starting to hype him up just a week before he decommitted.

People hype up every player that comes here. Remember Tavon Sledge? SDW? Even Custer was a 4-star and ranked higher than McNeil when he came here and he ended up being Drake level talent.

The kid could just have easily been transferring out of here next year at this time for some Mid-Major school for all we know at this point. So Im not about to start crying about his being some huge loss for the program. It comes down to we want players that actually want to be here, not ones who cry to mommy when they start getting 2nd thoughts 6 months after youve signed.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Didn't get him? He signed a LOI what 5 months ago? If wants to chase some sleazy AAU coach and play on the PAC-12 network after everyone has gone to bed then why should we act like its some huge loss for our school that he doesnt want to play here?

We don't have to act like it's a huge loss. It's just petty to act like he can't hack it in the Big 12 simply because he chose to go to another school, no matter how sleazy it appears to be (and I agree that there was almost certainly foul play going on here).

If you base your decision of not wanting him based on his character, that's fine, do whatever you want. Him deciding not to address Prohm like a man is very childish, so if that's your reasoning, I have no problem with that. But that's not what your first post was about. His talent/size wasn't an issue until he decided to leave, and that, to me, is petty.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron