RECRUITING: Darius McNeill status

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It stinks to miss out on talented players but I really like the makeup of our team right now. I think those first couple games we played are an anomaly.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This. If we would have gotten McNeil, then we wouldn't have gotten THT or Conditt. These guys want to be a part of ISU, obviously McNeil didn't.
Doubtful. Recruiting rarely works one-for-one that way. Perhaps we don’t have Talley or someone leaves and there’s room.

Plus, in the case of two similarly rated recruits it’s usually better to have the recruit (that’s proven to be a good freshman) for this year AND next year than it is to wait for the other recruit the following year. Over the two years of 2017-19, McNeill’s impact likely would have been greater than Halliburton’s, and I think Halliburton’s ceiling is high. Of course, fans of the “right way” likely think otherwise as they continually prioritize 3 to 4 years out.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Don't care about McNeil, but Juiston would have been bad ass. It's obviously way early to proclaim anything, on either end, but Juiston could be the difference between making, and not making the tournament.

Also understand talking about it here does nothing, but it is interesting to follow some of these guys. I enjoy following Juiston because i just really like his style of play.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Don't care about McNeil, but Juiston would have been bad ass. It's obviously way early to proclaim anything, on either end, but Juiston could be the difference between making, and not making the tournament.

Also understand talking about it here does nothing, but it is interesting to follow some of these guys. I enjoy following Juiston because i just really like his style of play.

I don't actively track recruiting-misses, but caught part of UNLV-Illinois last night, and Juiston would've been a nice addition. "Sest La Vee" as they say. Also, during parts of spring transfer process, I wanted Alstork among others, and he scored zero points and fouled out for Illinois. But both are one-game observations.