RECRUITING: Caleb Grill commits

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
This is a great story and shows how much Iowa State athletics has changed. I think Cyclone Nation is going to love this kid. With the guys returning and new guys like Grill we are going to have a team that play hard every night and will play for the team not the individual.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Had we known all this while he was still trying to make his decision, I would have bet my house that he would commit to ISU. I had no idea back then he grew up as such a big Cyclone fan.

It was reported a few times he loved Iowa State. Heck he originally contacted CSP about a visit after he was let out of his loi. But the Debby downer cry baby fans were 100% sure we were not getting anybody to commit this spring.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Had we known all this while he was still trying to make his decision, I would have bet my house that he would commit to ISU. I had no idea back then he grew up as such a big Cyclone fan.
Yeah, if we had any idea he was actually an Iowa State fan to this extent I don't think we would have worried one bit at all about getting him to Ames.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just watched his highlights. Great leaper for left-handed dunks. Quick step for long 3's. Nice help defense. This is going to be a fun guy to watch. He will be a Hilton favorite (and AFH nemesis).

I’m going to go out on a limb here—and show my age. I’m guessing Caleb proves to be a modern day Jeff Hornacek.

Er, with far better hops.

we can't even get a decent in-state kid to be a cyclone fan, and here was a kid somewhat randomly cheering for the cyclones from suburban wichita?!?!?
I would classify Xavier Foster as “decent”.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I've been struggling coming up with a good player comparison for Grill, someone who is a good shooter but also has great athleticism. But a friend of mine came up with the best comparison I've heard so far: Lindell Wigginton

• Agree
Reactions: isu83 and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I've been struggling coming up with a good player comparison for Grill, someone who is a good shooter but also has great athleticism. But a friend of mine came up with the best comparison I've heard so far: Lindell Wigginton

Hey. I made that one! :)

Reactions: MJ271

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Fred