Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
If/when they want to interview me, I hope I can work in a Bryce Drew reference. The easiest way is to propose History 322 with the name Ole Miss gives it, "The Emerging Nation," and state that it's only historically appropriate to take something by surprise from Ole Miss.

tenor.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Have been working off site at a country club across from our offices. I could get used to this.

So I assume this means playing golf with the higher ups in your company or clients that are in town.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Valpo is sent off!
Official date to start reviewing is around the end of October. Time for anxious waiting while I send out some more of these.

I know the job is more important than the perks, but with the way you like hoops Valpo would be fun for you and the family. Hate to see Z lose her Cyclone roots though.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Time to party Friday style and start grading exams!
First recon through looks like people did fine.

Someone apologized in writing even though it looks like she probably didn't need to.
Another guy tore pages out of his blue book and turned those fragments in. Never saw that before, but all right.

One of the fun parts is knowing that there is always something new waiting, and I don't mean that in a making fun of people way. People just find creative ways to get things done.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Time to party Friday style and start grading exams!
First recon through looks like people did fine.

Someone apologized in writing even though it looks like she probably didn't need to.
Another guy tore pages out of his blue book and turned those fragments in. Never saw that before, but all right.

One of the fun parts is knowing that there is always something new waiting, and I don't mean that in a making fun of people way. People just find creative ways to get things done.

She sounds like she has high standards. I like her and feel bad for her at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
She sounds like she has high standards. I like her and feel bad for her at the same time.

I remember a couple years ago giving some sort of B grade to someone. That was wayyyy below her standards. She broke down, cried, sent some e-mails. We met a bunch of times. I showed where she was at in the course and how getting an A was in reach by just doing her normal work (or by writing her name on stuff, almost).

But the B clouded everything, shattered her confidence, and stimulated an aggressively neurotic last few weeks.

She got an A. It was simple addition, but perfectionism is tough.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I remember a couple years ago giving some sort of B grade to someone. That was wayyyy below her standards. She broke down, cried, sent some e-mails. We met a bunch of times. I showed where she was at in the course and how getting an A was in reach by just doing her normal work (or by writing her name on stuff, almost).

But the B clouded everything, shattered her confidence, and stimulated an aggressively neurotic last few weeks.

She got an A. It was simple addition, but perfectionism is tough.

Perfectionism is an interesting thing for me, because I love perfectionists and wish there were more of them. We have too man people
that get distracted by a microwave with seconds left rather than focus their abilities on something more substanative.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Perfectionism is an interesting thing for me, because I love perfectionists and wish there were more of them. We have too man people
that get distracted by a microwave with seconds left rather than focus their abilities on something more substanative.

The trick with perfectionists is that they get paralyzed by the thought/fear of imperfection.
It took me a loooooong time to realize at all that it's fine to work through imperfection on the way to doing my best. I think I wasted a lot of years that way.

But high standards, well, that oughta be the thing for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron