Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
@wxman1 Have you found a yellow shirt? A suggestion, do you know any printing shops? They would probably have a plain yellow shirt you could get your hands on.

I am running through a couple stores today and am may look to get actual ISU shirts versus the yellow shirts we have. I may even have a unworn shirt or two that I have in the drawer. Too small for me and too large for oldest. Will have to rummage through things today, but I know we at least have something yellow.

Talked to the Raygun store here and they said they have some yellow "Iowa State" shirts so my sister is going to stop by there.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You have it rough, we know.

View attachment 58236
It’s VIDEO.

I shouldn’t complain though, they actively involve me and genuinely value my input since I’m the only one with an actual business background so I should be tnhankful to be valued. But sometimes they go off on 20 minute tangents about stuff that doesn’t involve me where I just stop paying attention and read CF instead.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It’s VIDEO.

I shouldn’t complain though, they actively involve me and genuinely value my input since I’m the only one with an actual business background so I should be tnhankful to be valued. But sometimes they go off on 20 minute tangents about stuff that doesn’t involve me where I just stop paying attention and read CF instead.

These videos

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Some songs have a great lick to them, but unfortunately you can't really listen to them with any kids or 90% of the people away.

NSFW obviously

decided to delete.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think I located the coolest job opening yet. Pretty pumped to apply at Valparaiso soon.

But somehow, their course catalog doesn't include an upper-level course in my specialty time. They have History 321 for the Revolutionary era and History 323 for the Civil War, but no History 322 or other course to fill the gap.

If/when they want to interview me, I hope I can work in a Bryce Drew reference. The easiest way is to propose History 322 with the name Ole Miss gives it, "The Emerging Nation," and state that it's only historically appropriate to take something by surprise from Ole Miss.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
About Cowgirl's sleeping dilemma...I still wake up at about 3 am, due to our middle daughter's sleeping schedule when she was a baby/toddler. She would thrash around in bed until her covers were off, and at about 3 would be cold enough to wake up and cry. She just turned 24.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wish I knew why yours get along and mine don't. We have tons of hummingbirds around now, but all they want to do is chase each other off! Every once in awhile two will feed together, but it's rare.
We put up two older feeders in addition to the two we already had (the older ones leak & attract ants). With 16 "flowers" to choose from, there's much less chasing. And we're getting to see them resting up close, too. I have some begonias on steroids on the deck, and they like sitting on those.

Pretty funny yesterday when two of them chased a red-bellied woodpecker away from his feeder about a foot from the hummer feeder. He's more than 20 times their size!

Couple of days ago, one was sitting on the bar of the feeder & feeding from one of the flowers, and another one was hovering over top of her, pecking at her head. She just kept on feeding while her competitor just kept on pecking (the other three flowers on the feeder were unoccupied at the time). They're very entertaining!

Reactions: SCyclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We put up two older feeders in addition to the two we already had (the older ones leak & attract ants). With 16 "flowers" to choose from, there's much less chasing. And we're getting to see them resting up close, too. I have some begonias on steroids on the deck, and they like sitting on those.

Pretty funny yesterday when two of them chased a red-bellied woodpecker away from his feeder about a foot from the hummer feeder. He's more than 20 times their size!

Couple of days ago, one was sitting on the bar of the feeder & feeding from one of the flowers, and another one was hovering over top of her, pecking at her head. She just kept on feeding while her competitor just kept on pecking (the other three flowers on the feeder were unoccupied at the time). They're very entertaining!
There is one I see at our inlaws all of the time. He spends more time chasing away competitors from their feeder and the neighbor's feeder about 100' away then he does actually using the feeders.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Big powwow this morning on a project we are working on for ISU. Spent all week on it, and put the final touches on to prepare for our 8 am warroom meeting, by coming in about 5 am.

Lately WP and I have been using my phone as an alarm clock, but since I was getting up so early, I set her phone by the bed and promised to call her around 6:30 am for a roust. Checked my clock at around 6:20 and thought I'd give her another 10 before calling. About halfway through our meeting (call it 9:30) I realized that I failed miserably.

After the meeting, I called her. She answered and I said, "Uh, hi." She asked me if I was.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
There is one I see at our inlaws all of the time. He spends more time chasing away competitors from their feeder and the neighbor's feeder about 100' away then he does actually using the feeders.
That's what ours were doing. They still chase, but much less aggressively now with more feeder options. You might suggest that your inlaws put up one or two more feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron