Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SaraV, Mar 15, 2017.

1. stormchaser2014

stormchaser2014 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    My head kinda hurts now.

2. CloneLawman

CloneLawman Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Male
    Are your pupils equal and reactive?

3. stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I'm fine now.

4. coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Male
    KC
    [​IMG]

Yay, outdoor soccer!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CloneLawman

CloneLawman Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Male
    But were you fine before you hit your head? : )

6. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA

Actually it's just a Rockies shirt. Posting on little sleep and at so early in the morning kind of exaggerated that part. But I think maybe a Rockies jersey with my cf name on the back is a cool idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carvers4math

carvers4math Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Just here to rant and rave about, yeah bike riders.

So going into other towns in southern Iowa to hit the farther away cemeteries early for Memorial day and driving on busy street that doesn't have a stop for me but coming to two stop side street intersection. I see these two 20 something guys on bikes coming and know they are going to completely blow through the intersection and run their stop sign. One of them is riding some bike that is pink and looks way to small for him, the other seems to have legit bike. Guy coming other direction has less time to hit brakes because of tree in the yard on his side before the intersection, so his view was obstructed a bit.

So all cars hit brakes but car coming other direction hit dumbass on legit bike. Guy behind me barely avoids hitting me, and same for guy behind him. Quite a bit of damage to the car that hit bike, the guy dented his hood and is laughing about getting hit. All of us have to spend over an hour talking to police.

Driver of car that hit bike tells cop that both bikes ran their stop sign. Dumbass bikers both said they stopped but they didn't and would not have had right of way anyway because it was just a stop on their cross street. Me and two guys behind me both say they blew through the stop and they start arguing. Woman planting flowers in yard then comes up, said they ran the stop sign and that they do it several times a day. Then cop says, that pink bike matches description of one stolen from the school yard.

We finally got to leave but wonder how screwed the driver is. Bike riders don't exactly have collision insurance. Lying dumbasses.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    As a cyclist I get pissed about crap like this. "Lying dumbasses" (I'll use your term as mine is likely to be stonger) like this give all of us cyclists a bad name and get motorists worked up. The last thing the rest of us cyclists want are pissed off people out there with agenda against cyclists and 3,000 pound vehicles.

I'm sorry you had to put up with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    Agreed. I hate the fact that I am nearly fearful of riding on the street anymore and pick my routes very carefully.

10. stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Just tested this. Yes and yes.

11. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    If one eye can see the other you are in worse shape than I thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NWICY

NWICY Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Jenny, Jenny

13. NWICY

NWICY Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    :eek: Did you kill it with fire?? Otherwise well you know it's probably not dead;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    So they put the girls on one bus and the boys on another. And apparently the Dells wasn't far enough way to go to, which is weird because Six Flags is closer to us than the Dells. Then, the girls' bus went 45 minutes in the wrong direction on the way there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. BCClone

BCClone Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    North Iowa
    @SaraV you still dry or get rained on all day? We skipped today and will head down tomorrow. Wet and cold is not good.

16. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    MrsWx and I probably ruined it for them on our HS band and choir trip to Disney...

• Like Like x 1
  17. BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Living the Dream
    Minnesota
    Impressed. I would have thought she could take you.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Living the Dream
    Minnesota
    It's getting harder and harder to tell the complete fulltime d-canoes in the basketball threads from the part time d-bags in the same threads. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Environmental Intern/Graduate Student
    Tyler, TX
    Went on a fun little kayaking float trip this afternoon. Luckily we missed all of the showers, as it just started sprinkling when we pulled up to shore at the end. We stopped at a couple of local breweries and tried a couple of beer flights. None of the Oklahoma beer was anything to write home about. I did try a jalapeno beer which was interesting, but nothing I would drink on the regular.

Got back to the cabin and lit the charcoal grill and had chicken, baked potatoes, corn, and green beans for dinner. Man, charcoal sure gives meat a great flavor. I had two plates of food... Whoops.

Everyone else crashed a couple of hours ago. I wasn't going to waste a beautiful evening so I lit a nice campfire and I'm just out here chillin with my dog, Lizzie, again. I hope we can get a decent storm here overnight.

• Like Like x 6
  20. CloneinWDSM

CloneinWDSM Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Male
    There's a guy that at the bachelor party that has the exact same voice impediment as Kripke from Big Bang Theory

• Informative Informative x 1