Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
@wxman1 Congrats on the girl. Just teach her to fly, an excuse to spend time together and you can still get some of the flying in the budget.

On the band trips--when the team doesn't go to bowl games, the band doesn't have to worry about trips. :) When we were in, we took one away trip a year. The aisles of the buses were lined with coolers filled with alcohol. People even brought blenders along. We still have hubby's cooler from band trip days.

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
@wxman1 Congrats on the girl. Just teach her to fly, an excuse to spend time together and you can still get some of the flying in the budget.

On the band trips--when the team doesn't go to bowl games, the band doesn't have to worry about trips. :) When we were in, we took one away trip a year. The aisles of the buses were lined with coolers filled with alcohol. People even brought blenders along. We still have hubby's cooler from band trip days.

It is one of those we understand kind of things but also can feel the lack of trust. I am not sure if that is a standard policy at other schools though. I do remember that half of the drum line did not march in that Insight Bowl game because they were caught drinking in their room. They most they did the rest of the trip was load and load equipment. They drank in their room which was next to mine and we didn't know about it until the next day so it wasn't like they were rowdy. Just college students chilling drinking and having a good time not bothering anyone.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I am pulled pork, cake ball, walking taco-ed out. Taking a grad party break for a bit to stop eating.

Did either CG or Trump cause an international incident?

We only had one reception and it was walking tacos. :) I will say all the cupcakes I made disappeared, I could have made more. Went to commencement today and we were glad that my nephew's class was only 34 kids. Nice and short and sweet. Out of the 34 kids, 20 of them were the youngest or onlies in their families--potentially lots of empty nesters. My nephew was the first of the grandkids to graduate, but was the last/only for my sister and her husband (she had 2 older step-kids but only one herself).

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
In these times of discord, sectarian violence, and all-around meanness in the Middle East, there is one thing that Sunni and Shiite, Saudi and Syrian can agree on: The Billboard Music awards presently being aired on ABC television is another reason that America should be destroyed.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Went to my nieces graduation today 108 grads, the valedictorian probably gave the best speech I've ever heard at a HS graduation. I knew she was a super kid but her speech knocked it out of the park. Short version was to do your best, but also help others achieve their best.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
In these times of discord, sectarian violence, and all-around meanness in the Middle East, there is one thing that Sunni and Shiite, Saudi and Syrian can agree on: The Billboard Music awards presently being aired on ABC television is another reason that America should be destroyed.

That was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I only have it on because I'm waiting for Celine Dion.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Rainfall & overtime have made it tough to get our lawn mowed (which makes me laugh because it's nearly a foot long and there's this thread out there.....). Up side is that Nick & Nora have brought the kids out to play, and they have triplets this year. Three porky little groundhogs playing tag around the wild daisies...so very cute! :D

We only have one graduation to "attend" - my first ever "distance" graduation for a young friend that just completed a distance Masters from the UW-Milwaukee. Good friends, good food - looking forward to next Saturday.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Celine heavy on the accent tonight.
She rocked it though.....great promotion for her Vegas show....I'd go. I generally like French Canadians when they aren't running their yap about American politics. They went strait from being scalped by Hurons to being put down and served unhealthy food in their schools by their Anglish overlords. I bet most of them are packing heat and would not have surrendered to Hans Guderian in three weeks. I especially like the ones who were booted down to Louisiana....those are my people.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
A week from now we will be in Vegas! Currently trying to decide what tickets to buy for our trip to a Cubs game. This is a lot harder and more expensive now that they are good.....

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
A week from now we will be in Vegas! Currently trying to decide what tickets to buy for our trip to a Cubs game. This is a lot harder and more expensive now that they are good.....

I would recommend Celine Deion or Cher tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.