Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kind of makes you wonder if the sponsors of the event have ever WATCHED a beach volleyball tournament?
They probably think that this tournament is a great opportunity to insert some of their great conservative Islamic morals into the sport.

To clarify, I have no problem with the Islamic faith. I do think that some sects - just like in pretty much every religion - take things too far.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Despite the fact that it has been a long, discouraging MBB season, it was great to see the guys put forth a strong effort last night against the #2 team in the country. I thought they were going to get the job done..... and then reality set in. Still, proud of the fact that they have not given up. GO CYCLONES!!!!

Anyone that's been on a ****** team at any level knows how hard it is to keep going so I can applaud them coming out not just playing hard, but with confidence.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Despite the season I am excited to take LittleWx to the game on Saturday.

Just a heads up at least the women's games are a totally different experience. No concessions, no entertainment, no programs, no ads on the video board. It strictly is a basketball watching experience. I'd suggest treats and maybe some toys. Hopefully someone who has been to a men's game can chime in.

I've enjoyed the games I've been to this yr but it is really a different experience. On the plus side fewer ads means more pep band. I really like that change!

Reactions: SaraV and SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
@CycloneErik........

I know you have been very critical of CSP in the threads (I was a long-time supporter, but gave up the ghost myself after last season), and I always hoped it had not soured you on Cyclone basketball. But after reading your comments last night in the game thread, and your reaction to my post here this morning, I am gladdened.

Things will get better......after all, they can hardly get any worse! It was fun last night to see them play well, and as a team.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
@CycloneErik........

I know you have been very critical of CSP in the threads (I was a long-time supporter, but gave up the ghost myself after last season), and I always hoped it had not soured you on Cyclone basketball. But after reading your comments last night in the game thread, and your reaction to my post here this morning, I am gladdened.

Things will get better......after all, they can hardly get any worse! It was fun last night to see them play well, and as a team.
I just can't stomach game threads. Even when we have good or - dare I say it - great teams there is way too much negativity in them.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
@CycloneErik........

I usually mention the good and the bad. We just are what we are, so I enjoy the good while it goes and then, you know, the rest happens.

Reactions: SCyclone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've been (half) listening to the testimony by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and the postal service directors chair (and maybe someone else) today and it's really making me wish for a new CF mailbag.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've been (half) listening to the testimony by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and the postal service directors chair (and maybe someone else) today and it's really making me wish for a new CF mailbag.
We are going to slash your funding and then grill you because you aren't performing.

That is all I'll say to keep from heading into cave material.

Status
Not open for further replies.