Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Color coordinated my clothes with my slides today. That's a level of dork I hadn't found before.
I made sure everyone knew it, too.

Had a class with Tony Yelk back in the day and he seemed to always wear matching sneakers and hats and seemed to be a different color every time I saw him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, ****. Just got a message that my favorite roomie from back in Dana House died in 2018. :(

Mostly lost track of him other than sending him a Christmas card on odd years but knew he was in Altoona. Like everyone back in the day in Dana he had a nickname, The Gabes, cause his name was Clark. Not Gabes, The Gabes. Did not finish at ISU but was probably the most intelligent guy in all Dana and I don't think it was that close. And Master of Trivia, pretty much singlehandedly kept the house in the running during Kaleidoquiz Quiz back when it was on the dorm radio and you had x minutes to call in your answer for your house.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Qatar has a women’s beach VB tournament and they won’t let them wear bikinis and some players are boycotting. As a fan I’d boycott that too.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Despite the fact that it has been a long, discouraging MBB season, it was great to see the guys put forth a strong effort last night against the #2 team in the country. I thought they were going to get the job done..... and then reality set in. Still, proud of the fact that they have not given up. GO CYCLONES!!!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Despite the fact that it has been a long, discouraging MBB season, it was great to see the guys put forth a strong effort last night against the #2 team in the country. I thought they were going to get the job done..... and then reality set in. Still, proud of the fact that they have not given up. GO CYCLONES!!!!
Agreed. Hoping they can pull a win out. Actually I hope they can win their last few games, I always believe they can. When they do, it’s going to be a complete melt down in the game thread. It appears some are fully invested in us going 0fer.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Agreed. Hoping they can pull a win out. Actually I hope they can win their last few games, I always believe they can. When they do, it’s going to be a complete melt down in the game thread. It appears some are fully invested in us going 0fer.
That was happening in football when I first started on this thread. I posted a more optimistic thread saying that we had several games left that we could still win. I got heavily slammed for it, with a couple even suggesting that my thread could get me banned because I "cross-posted".

Side note: We won our last few games. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.