NBA: Playoff Time

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Or we're not Bulls fans. Bulls fans and Lebron haters are the same people.

Again I don't get it. I've lived in Chicago for 12 years, I've been a Bulls fan longer than any other team including ISU...I'm supposed to LIKE a team who celebrated a championship before they won a championship? Huh? WTF?

That's completely irrational. I don't like San Antonio or Boston either for various reasons. Am I a "hater" for that too? "THE GREATEST TRIO TO EVER PLAY THE GAME" as Wade says put such a huge target on their backs that everyone else seems likable in comparison.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Actually he AVERAGED 45 for two entire playoff series...I think he averaged over 40 for five different playoff series.
Becasue he is the GOAT. Lebron may be one of the most talented players i ive seen, but MJ had the drive to win.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Again I don't get it. I've lived in Chicago for 12 years, I've been a Bulls fan longer than any other team including ISU...I'm supposed to LIKE a team who celebrated a championship before they won a championship? Huh? WTF?

That's completely irrational. I don't like San Antonio or Boston either for various reasons. Am I a "hater" for that too? "THE GREATEST TRIO TO EVER PLAY THE GAME" as Wade says put such a huge target on their backs that everyone else seems likable in comparison.

In the sports world, I believe that's the very definition of a hater. You're admittedly not objective, so i'm not sure why you're getting offended by being called a hater.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
***** Official NBA Playoff Thread ******

If you are a David and Goliath fan you have to be a Thunder Fan this year. The NBA had to be hoping for this match up.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Re: ***** Official NBA Playoff Thread ******

If you are a David and Goliath fan you have to be a Thunder Fan this year. The NBA had to be hoping for this match up.

Not a very good comparison at all...

Having said that, GO HEAT!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Everyone with a heart is an OKC fan now

okc.png

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN

I was hoping that the Spurs would be able to win one last title. Now I'm just hoping for good basketball.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City

I belive this was the best match up possible.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

More like Goliath and Goliath. I'll even say that Miami is the underdog. These Thunder have reached the point where they will make the NBA their ***** for a good many years. Scary, scary team.

Last edited by a moderator:

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Should be a great series to watch!

Thread should probably be 'official nba finals thread' but that's ok :smile:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I was hoping that the Spurs would be able to win one last title. Now I'm just hoping for good basketball.

Same here. I grew up a semi-Spurs fan (family there) and will be in San Antonio for the next 2 weeks, would have been sweet to be there during an NBA finals. Plus we are staying at the hotel the players/league/broadcasters stay at.

Maybe I'll stop in OK City on our drive down there and buy some Thunder gear.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

More like Goliath and Goliath. I'll even say that Miami is the underdog. These Thunder have reached the point where they will make the NBA their ***** for a good many years. Scary, scary team.

I agree with this. If the Thunder play anywhere near what they have been playing the should be the favorite. The 2 games San Antonio won were really close, game 2 being a steal by the Spurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

What? The Thunder are the favorites so I'm not sure how they're anywhere near David. I'd say this is Goliath vs Goliath and I for one can't wait to watch it.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Bosh and Westbrook are the key players for both sides. Obviously LeBron/Wade and Durant/Harden will leave their mark on these games but the games will be decided one way of the other by the other starters like Bosh/Battier/Chalmers and Ibaka/Westbrook/Sefelosha.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

No one said you should do anything. I was just pointed out that Bulls fans have a hard on for the Heat.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I wonder if Brooks will start Harden to get some offense early in games so they aren't constantly fighting back from big holes.

The problem for Brooks is that he has to play Sefelosha a lot of minutes to guard Wade/James and he's a complete non factor on offense. He can't make dunks let alone jumpshots. With him and Perkins/Collison on the floor at the same time the Thunder are basically playing 3 on 5 offensively and if Ibaka is also in the game that's a horrible offensive lineup. However, they can't play good enough defense to stop Miami without those guys on the court.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I wonder if Brooks will start Harden to get some offense early in games so they aren't constantly fighting back from big holes.

The problem for Brooks is that he has to play Sefelosha a lot of minutes to guard Wade/James and he's a complete non factor on offense. He can't make dunks let alone jumpshots. With him and Perkins/Collison on the floor at the same time the Thunder are basically playing 3 on 5 offensively and if Ibaka is also in the game that's a horrible offensive lineup. However, they can't play good enough defense to stop Miami without those guys on the court.

That's why I think the Heat win. They don't have anyone extremely limited offensively and everyone is at least decent defensively. Look what happened for the majority of the game last night. If LeBron is guarding Durant, he is much less effective. LeBron probably is too but OKC will struggle to win when Durant isn't scoring 30.