NBA: Playoff Time

clone319

Nov 27, 2010
For a guy who has led the planet in scoring three years in a row, Durant does it in a surprisingly efficient way where he's not a black hole hoisting up low % shots.

It's pretty hard to argue good things don't happen when he has the ball in his hands.

I agree with this post, but I also think Westbrook has been overly criticized for a guy who regularly produces near triple doubles in big games. The way they've started their past 3 games is by far the biggest issue, the impressive thing is they won 2/3 of those horrible starts (but being at home helps that).

Absolutely, Westbrook is a stud, and a key cog in the thunder machine. I'm just saying he does take a lot of shots, and he has to recognize if he isn't hitting his mid range pull up jumpers he likes to take, its ok to defer to the best scorer in the league.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think you get diminishing returns as you take more shots. If Durant took 5 more shots a game his percentages and efficiency would go down because he's taking worse shots. For some reason the Thunder seem to do better when Westbrook takes more shots -- I can't explain that, and it probably doesn't mean much, but it is something.

Also, it's just one loss. You can make adjustments, but you aren't going to change what shots you're taking after one loss. I agree with Westbrook -- don't change anything.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
These Finals have just confirmed that James is far and away the MVP in the league and it really isn't close. Durant has a long way to go to get on his level. Durant may get his points, but he has nowhere near the same level of impact as LeBron.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
These Finals have just confirmed that James is far and away the MVP in the league and it really isn't close. Durant has a long way to go to get on his level. Durant may get his points, but he has nowhere near the same level of impact as LeBron.
As long as Durant is this bad on defense he doesn't even deserve mention for MVP. He can have all the scoring titles he wants though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

As long as Durant is this bad on defense he doesn't even deserve mention for MVP. He can have all the scoring titles he wants though.

Remember how Ibaka said that LeBron can't guard Durant? I wonder if he meant it vice-versa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron