I have infected my daughter's brain with this song, we both love it:

A-Punk:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Most of the Grassroots and Gary Lewis & the Playboys songs will get me singing along (which has a bonus effect of making me happy). But the best one is this song from my era (OUR era, MeanDean) that was on Youtube a few years back as part of "Highway Singalong". Just look at how it makes everyone he passes smile & sing along!

Reactions: jcyclonee

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This was a go-to mood lifter back in the early 70's for MeanDean. I mean, the song TITLE is "MAKE ME SMILE!!"

My favorite all time Chicago song is 25 or 6 to 4. It has a similar effect on my mood. Also my favorite song to play in the ISU Pep band.

Side note:
I think 70s Chicago and 80s Chicago should be considered separate bands. Peter Cetera power ballads are a far cry from the original Chicago sound. They sold a lot of records with it though.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had never heard of these guys until I saw them in concert. I think this was the one that Velo made me guard a locked door for. Don't remember the music because I was bored senseless by the time they came on.

This song didn't get any air time here in the Twin Cities. I actually heard it at Jack Trice as a pre-game tune years ago and thought, "Hey, I like that, who is it?" Found out, bought the vinyl.