MLB: ***Official Yankees Postseason Thread***

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Am hoping for a Cubs/ Astros WS, so am happy with this outcome since I think the Astros match up well with the Yankees.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was a huge Astros fan back in the day. It is just sick and wrong that they aren't still in the National League. It 'aint right.

The good news is that they now play on real grass like a real baseball team and not on that plastic **** their old team introduced to the world.

Richie Allen summed it up perfectly "If a horse won't eat it, I don't want to play on it."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Game 1 starter vs Astros probably is Sonny Gray?

Going to be an interesting choice. The wildcard game and the lack of confidence in Tanaka didn't allow them to set up the rotation to maximize use of an "ace" like the Astro's will be able to do. This is why you want to win the division.

Likely it's Gray unless they are toying with Tanaka and then Gray and Severino. Think they would like Tanaka with another day of rest, so guessing Gray. I think the talk of Gray being the play-off #1 guy went out the window some with the way Tanaka and Severino pitched in NY. He may be the starter in game one but unless he's lights out it might be his only one even if they go seven.

• Agree
Reactions: jay moe

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So what is everyone's take on Aaron Judge and his horrible series?

Well it was pretty horrible but also weird with all of those 3-2 counts. He went from awesome (Apr-May-June) to terrible (July-Aug) to awesome (Sept) to awful (Oct). With that said w/o The Catch the Yankees lose. Not so sure about leaving him in the #2 spot though. What was missing from his previous slump was the walks, so even high in the order he was still contributing and getting on base.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Well it was pretty horrible but also weird with all of those 3-2 counts. He went from awesome (Apr-May-June) to terrible (July-Aug) to awesome (Sept) to awful (Oct). With that said w/o The Catch the Yankees lose. Not so sure about leaving him in the #2 spot though. What was missing from his previous slump was the walks, so even high in the order he was still contributing and getting on base.
I'll be honest, I only watched last night's game but he looks like he has massive problems with low breaking balls.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Judge feasts on pitchers who make mistakes. Now you're only seeing the best pitchers who aren't going to make as many mistakes. A guy who is 6'7" is too easy for them to pitch to. He hammers pitchers throwing average fastballs at 90-94...how many of those is he seeing now?

He's struggled mightily with good pitchers all year. This isn't any different. I would expect similar results for the remainder of the playoffs. He can't get the timing down for anything offspeed. His head is on the ball but the bat is way out ahead.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Do people really enjoy watching a pitcher go up and try and it the ball? I have the hardest time watching NL games because the pitcher is basically an out.
I'm not making arguments against the DH. I just think if you start out in the NL you ought to stay in the NL. Hell, I'll commit the ultimate sacrilege and wish that the NL adopted the DH.