***Official WV postgame thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Honest question. What good does it do to call someone out for something like this? Cam has made a lot of mistakes so I just don’t see the value of bringing attention to something like this. We all want Cam to succeed right? Seems like by posting this, people are trying to bring him down.

Of course everyone wants to see Cam succeed. But Prohm has already given him more chances than he probably deserves, and he's a large part of our team chemistry problems that are bringing this team down.

Do we all want to go through another season next year like the last few weeks have been? Maybe it would be best for both ISU basketball and Cam too if they parted ways and started over? Ever think of that?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So, reading things into what people say is usually not a great idea, but as the wheels are coming off, what the heck...

Very recently (like within the last week or two), while Prohm was doing an interview and talking about Conditt, he made several comments along the lines that Conditt loves being at ISU and loves being a Cyclone. At the time, I just thought these were odd comments, as the question wasn't really along any lines that would warrant an answer like that. My thought was, "Is he implying that there guys on the team that don't like being Cyclones or don't want to be here?"

Given what has been transpiring lately, perhaps the answer to that question is "Yes"...

I think it's really clear LW wanted to leave last year. Perhaps he should have because he's pretty much checked out and it's hurt him and the team.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
I’ve given Prohm the benefit of the doubt time and time again over the past few years. I just can’t do it anymore after watching this season burst into flames. He may be a nice guy but for a team to implode like this from what it was even a month ago, he’s clearly not the guy for the job.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It sucks that we’re falling apart and it sucks that we got clocked tonight but what’s really disappointing is the complete lack of fortitude, loyalty, and Cyclone spirit that the fans have when things don’t go exactly the way they want them to. makes me realize that it’s not hok fans that I don’t like, it’s all fans that act like that.

psi

Dec 28, 2009
So, reading things into what people say is usually not a great idea, but as the wheels are coming off, what the heck...

Very recently (like within the last week or two), while Prohm was doing an interview and talking about Conditt, he made several comments along the lines that Conditt loves being at ISU and loves being a Cyclone. At the time, I just thought these were odd comments, as the question wasn't really along any lines that would warrant an answer like that. My thought was, "Is he implying that there guys on the team that don't like being Cyclones or don't want to be here?"

Given what has been transpiring lately, perhaps the answer to that question is "Yes"...

psi

Dec 28, 2009

Coach blaming players is not very classy.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Observations from a casual basketball fan. This is a young team with a lack of a peer leadership. They had too much success early based on talent and it was fun winning games. While the other big 12 teams progressed and game planned to exploit us, this team put it on cruise control. A couple losses were shrugged off as off nights/poor referees. But, then the losses started to mount and these guys didn't know how to handle it. For one reason or another the senior leadership did not pan out as expected and keep the team unified and progressing. I expect some attribution of some guys and hopefully we get a leader to transfer in or Jacobsen or Young step up into that role.

Nick should be the leader. He’s been here the longest. He’s the lead guard.

Problem is he’s not forceful in your face when needed.

Maryal also should be. But it’s a new role for him as well. He never had to be that guy at UVA.

Lindell plays with the biggest ego/chip on his shoulder. He could very easily have assumed the role, he did at oak hill. He just hasn’t assumed it for whatever reason.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Season has quickly turned into a trainwreck. I am still a Prohm supporter but also realize there are some pretty serious issues he needs to address.

For anyone suggesting fire Prohm, get realistic. Pollard will not fire a coach that has gone to the Sweet Sixteen, won a Big 12 Tourney title, will make the NCAA Tourney in 3 of the four years he's coaches. It's not happening. The ONLY pause to this would be if we lose out this year and we see mass defections which could happen. And if that happens, I'm more inclined to think that Prohm would get the hell out of dodge on his own accord over being fired.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Of course everyone wants to see Cam succeed. But Prohm has already given him more chances than he probably deserves, and he's a large part of our team chemistry problems that are bringing this team down.

Do we all want to go through another season next year like the last few weeks have been? Maybe it would be best for both ISU basketball and Cam too if they parted ways and started over? Ever think of that?

Are you saying that the recent "softness" is because of Lard?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Better take a long look CSP , then hire Hoiberg before it's to late. Phrom must have been told to bite his tongue when he was growing up, because he still doing it today! To bad! Come home FRED!!!
LOL

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Prome is a solid coach, and has done a good job at ISU, the kids he has brought in have been a step up recruiting wise, but we just have to many "me first" guys on this team. Its five guys playing, not a team. We still stand around on missed shots and get out rebounded game after game. Rebounding is about desire and hustle, and we just do not have anyone on this team that wants to go get a missed shot.

The talent is there for a deep run in the tournament, but I am not sure that burning desire to improve is with this team at all.

I will continue to watch, root and complain, about their lack of effort, but its up to the team to turn this around. They are the ones playing, and it does not get any easier Saturday with TT coming to town. Time to step up to the plate and man up, instead of pissing down our leg.