***Official WV postgame thread***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Babb seems like he’s ready to be done and I don’t blame him. I also think he’s never really been 100% healthy the last 2 years. His knee issues were always going to follow him.
And he dinged his knee again at texas

LeaveNothing

Mar 28, 2014
To me, the moment that seems to sum up Prohm's coaching style is during this year's Iowa game when during a timeout after an Iowa run early in the first half, ESPN played a short clip of him in the huddle and he is just going "We need to stop them from scoring guys. They've already scored 29 points. That's way too many points." And it almost looks as if he is writing "29 points" in his white board. Granted by itself , that short clip by itself doesn't really mean anything, but after 4 years, it seems like his entire gameday coaching technique is "Stop doing bad things. Start doing good things."

Since his first year here, I have felt like he is still stuck in a mid-major mindset where you recruit a couple of stud guys and just tell them "Just do your thing" and coast through most your conference schedule. This year, we are really seeing how ineffective this is in a big-boy conference where you need to have your team ready to go twice a week against competitive teams with good coaches.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We do need to step away from the ledge but after games like this you have to start wondering if the Mayor is interested in coming back... Just a couple of weeks ago Prohm looked like a genius... suddenly his team can't do basic things...

Jesus, Fred is not coming back. He started interviewing for jobs, college as well as pro, after they lost to Ohio State.

They would have found any dollar he wanted if it would have kept him here. He still chose to leave.

He’s my 3rd favorite Iowa State player ever, behind mike Born and Brian Pearson. Loved him as a player, and was grateful for what he did as a coach. But he and his family were ready to leave Ames for awhile before they did.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Prome is a solid coach, and has done a good job at ISU, the kids he has brought in have been a step up recruiting wise, but we just have to many "me first" guys on this team. Its five guys playing, not a team. We still stand around on missed shots and get out rebounded game after game. Rebounding is about desire and hustle, and we just do not have anyone on this team that wants to go get a missed shot.

The talent is there for a deep run in the tournament, but I am not sure that burning desire to improve is with this team at all.

I will continue to watch, root and complain, about their lack of effort, but its up to the team to turn this around. They are the ones playing, and it does not get any easier Saturday with TT coming to town. Time to step up to the plate and man up, instead of pissing down our leg.

Actually in November team was pretty cohesive, but a couple of things changed after that.

• Agree
Reactions: mharder

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
The lack of basic things isn’t on coach. Lack of boxing out is on the players. Not defending worth a **** because you are lazy and don’t give effort is on the player. No coach at any level is saying don’t box out and be lazy on defense and hoist up I’ll-advises shots. Part of this has to be people in some of these guys ears. There is a reason the Chicago AAU circuit has its reputation.

Devil’s Advocate here...isn’t a huge part of coaching getting your players to respond to you and do the basic things effectively?

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I mean this with all sincerity.....but it is freaking twilight zone wierd that that towel butt-flossing slob Mangino got 100'000's of thousands of dollars from the forever true cyclone moms and dads. bizarro. Hard to believe that happened.
Go to bed Dad

• Disagree
Reactions: dirtyninety