*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
How, with a straight face, can the committee complete the east and midwest regions this way and think hmmm, yep that's good parity. Complete joke, every bit of it. There needs to be a selection committee grading the selection committee and grading them them on the worthless metrics they place import upon

Reactions: Acer88

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
Doesn’t matter. You’ve got to beat the best to be the best!
That might not be original…
Yeah, realize we have to beat best teams to get a Natty, but we shouldn't have to beat the overall #1 seed to get to the final four if we are the best #2..

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Well, ISU won’t face Auburn AND UConn, it can be either/or. And the earliest they will face Auburn or UConn will be the elite 8.

Illinois didn’t exactly “crush” the big 10. They were second in the league with 6 league losses, in a mediocre P6 conference. Illinois defense is horrendous, but they can score. However, I don’t think they have faced a team anywhere near as strong as the defense from ISU
Yeah I agree with this part - avoiding one of Auburn and UConn is nice.

Reactions: Cyhig

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm just happy with the highest seed in 23 years in a favorable spot. SDSU and Drake are close to Omaha too, I guess, but I don't see that meaning much.

Also Gonzaga as a 5 seems high? Or am I totally wrong on that?
Yes, Gonzaga slightly overseeded. More like 6 or low-7. But McNeese maybe could pull upset (although I don't think that'll be strongest 12).

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
For those of you concerned with how tough Connecticut—or any other team in our bracket—really is, here’s how to properly evaluate.

Just start with one simple question:

Did they play in the Big XII Conference?

Yes/No

Need I say more?

Now then. Carry on.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Two loud and clear messages--

1) NCSOS really matters
2) Conference Tournaments don't matter at all
I think its worse than that; its just the 'excuse' to fit keeping ISU out of the 1 line (and a better 2 seed).

Next time it may be the other way around to screw some other non-blue blood out of a 1 seed.

Help Support Us

Become a patron