*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
When you say that you look at the entire season overall and then say you say non-conference was a factor, then you are contradicting yourself. You are not looking at the season overall. You are putting more weight on one part of the season more than another.
Exactly Lets look at regular SOS and we have a top 30 SOS.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
nah we are saying the same thing in different ways.

What is really concerning though is how on earth do we end up at 8th overall? the SOS deal is just pure BS.

Everyone grasping to the non conference as the only justification. It's a data point. But they are obviously weighting it much more heavily than warranted.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
I doubt UConn is thrilled about it either.

I’ve never seen a bracket yet that looked like a cakewalk right off the bat, and I think this is as good of region as any.

Just saw that we were 8th overall. Must have been a clear 3 before winning this weekend, or the Big 12 tournament didn’t matter at all.
I don’t think there’s anyway those wins didn’t count. Not surprised they disrespect us though.

We earned the 2 with our play over the weekend, at least.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
It's a great day to be a Cyclone hater.

Already talked to a few Hoks, and they are barely able to contain their glee.
Lol they don’t know enough about college basketball to even have a reaction to this. They just see us pissed and want to be ******** about it

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
We got shafted, pure and simple. City-slicker, media types simply don't like the Cyclones. Only one thing to do:

Just win, baby.
Media guys who really know hoops like us.

Seth Davis and Clark Kellogg are incapable of original analysis. They're just corporate hacks who always tow the company line. In this case carrying the water for the blue bloods and the most popular teams.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron