***Official OSU Post Game Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
parks-and-rec-aubrey-plaza.gif
8000c9a2-77ae-49f0-9f84-c55bb653ba44_text.gif

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
This isn’t a heat of the moment thing, if there aren’t substantial changes, I’m not renewing my season tickets. These aren’t even fun to watch.

That is where Im at

I’m surprised someone hasn’t started a poll. It would be interesting to see what % of donors will not be donating if changes are not made (or even with changes), the % not buying tickets, etc.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
O-line is and has been issue for long time. No matter what play is dialed up or what skills the rest of the offense has, it's not going to work when there is failure up front. O-line coach needs to go.
Dropped passes, fumbles and throwing directly to the other team doesn't help either.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I sometimes wonder how we can call a few interesting and well times offensive plays and then go back to being predictable and horrid. Is there a tug-of-war struggle going on between CMC and Manning or is Manning in charge? Someone with some inside knowledge, please enlighten me (us).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lots of QBs gonna make some dumb mistakes. Im prone to giving Dekkers a pass on a lot of this. Noels drop was ****** inexcusable. And thats not the first time Dekkers put up a ball that should win the game and instead we lose. Purdy made some stupid mistakes lets not forget that
X has bailed hunter out A LOT. Hunter threw 3 bad passes that got picked. He dove short of the first down on one that he had plenty of space to make it. He was a disaster today.

Reactions: Cyclones8824

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
It wouldn’t surprise me that after today some players will cash it in for the season. Who am I kidding the offense has played like they all cashed it in once conference season started.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I sometimes wonder how we can call a few interesting and well times offensive plays and then go back to being predictable and horrid. Is there a tug-of-war struggle going on between CMC and Manning or is Manning in charge? Someone with some inside knowledge, please enlighten me (us).
Our line is not good. On run plays Simmons is getting drove 3 yards deep and the back has to fight him and his defender. To just get back to the LOS.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
As ****** as this game ended, so many plays could have made this a double digit W. Gundy was daring us to blow this out so he could keep Sanders on the bench to rest for Bedlam next week. Once again too many mistakes. Five one score conference losses.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
But seriously, how do Jeff Myers and Tom Manning still have jobs? If they’re back next season then I’m going to begin to turn on Campbell. There’s no reason to see the same mistakes in year 6 that we saw in year 1. Absolutely zero.

Jaylin Noel does not deserve to see the field for the rest of the season. He makes so many mental mistakes. I think I could have caught that ball

It was also the most predictable thing ever that Sanders was going to come in and shred us. We are Iowa State.
I hate to say this, but the reality is CMC sat there and went right along with that short yardage run from shotgun again. How do you defend that? How does one not call time out or lacking time outs contrive something to change the play? That's the play CMC wanted.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Anyone got the Noel dropped pass, I stepped out of the room and erased the recording.