***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

HackTheGibson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 18, 2013
Omaha
We need to fill four spots. Who do some peeps think we should get? Walk-ons? If TJ finds great kids and out recruits some of our existing players then so be it. If they can't make it into the lineup this year, they will have a chance after some of the current players graduate anyway. I want a deep tourney run. Get the best players you can and then play the best players that you have and let's go win games.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We need to fill four spots. Who do some peeps think we should get? Walk-ons? If TJ finds great kids and out recruits some of our existing players then so be it. If they can't make it into the lineup this year, they will have a chance after some of the current players graduate anyway. I want a deep tourney run. Get the best players you can and then play the best players that you have and let's go win games.
Seems like getting all 4 filled with transfers would be a tall task unless at least one of them is a project.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
My goodness people. Even of both Heise and Hadley commit (and hopefully they do) we still have two scharships open for a couple "4's."

From what I have read both Heise and Hadley rebound at an extremely high level for guards. Genuinely feel like TJ wants to play more small ball next year. To do that your guards need to be exceptional on the glass.
We struggled against teams with size. I don't think going smaller is the answer. I feel TJ would like a roster that is capable of going both small and big.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
If I was coaching, I’d get two Zach Edey clones, and then six 6’8 guards that can handle, pass, shoot, drive, and rebound - like a Terrence Shannon, except they respect women. This is an obvious winning formula, and TJ must be incompetent not to see it. Unbelievable.

Am I doing this right?

Edey? I’d take a Shaq and Kareem clone, they can split minutes at center. Throw in a Michael Jordan and Larry Bird. Hell show Lipsey the door and grab a Magic Johnson Clone to run it all. I mean is we are cloning anything is possible

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
If I was coaching, I’d get two Zach Edey clones, and then six 6’8 guards that can handle, pass, shoot, drive, and rebound - like a Terrence Shannon, except they respect women. This is an obvious winning formula, and TJ must be incompetent not to see it. Unbelievable.

Am I doing this right?
This made me jajaja.

Reactions: Psiclone

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
We should offer Pierce's hs teammate. 6'9 kid out of China that has good range and some upside. Hasn't committed anywhere. Could easily be parked on the bench year 1 and maybe develop into a 3 and D piece.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
For sure, it looks like we're leaning towards a lot of 4-out lineups.
I'll assume TJ has a great plan until he somehow proves that to be wrong. (you are, too, so don't get the wrong idea)
Probably easier to get a quality guard in the NIL era than a big man. Lot like recruiting DL, might just be easier to switch systems that require less of a certain physical feature like size that everyone wants and recruit more of something in less demand like guards and forwards.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Has anyone heard any rumblings other than ISU making initial contact with Eric Dailey Jr from Okie State? He would be an absolute home run of a transfer if we could land him. He would likely come off the bench but be able to get tons of minutes if we are going to start three guards, Momcilovic, and Jackson. Figure if he's coming off the bench in 24-25 then in 25-26 he's likely able to start if he shows he's a good player and the roster opening up more.
Why would he likely come off the bench? He could start over Milan at the 4.

• Dumb
Reactions: Thomasrickj

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Dailey was also a freshman. Remember that we don't need a starter at the 4/5 either since we're likely going for a 3 guard, Momcilovic, and Jackson starting rotation. I think Dailey could thrive in a new environment, playing on a team with great guards that can help put him in a position to score.

I do think class allocation among transfers is important to. If you can slip in a guy with multiple years of eligibility with some 4th or 5th years, that would be ideal.

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
The NCAA failed to address the situation before the court case. They could have been forward thinking 15 to 20 years ago. They assumed they would win, and yet they managed to have a divided Supreme Court rule, unanimously against them.

NCAA's lack of vision allowed the inmates to eventually run the asylum
Again, the ncaa is governing body made up by the schools. So when you say ncaa, you are saying the schools themselves

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Again, the ncaa is governing body made up by the schools. So when you say ncaa, you are saying the schools thethemselves
The NCAA is like a commissioner in professional sports. They are paid to get a lay of the land and drive the ship accordingly.

As a body they advised their constituents that they law was on their side. It wasn't.

They ****** up

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think TJ and staff go into the transfer portal with a clear plan and quickly identify their top targets. And after 3 years, they almost never miss on them.

We know of 4 targets that they have either setup visits or phone calls with. Jackson (already committed), Heise, Hadley and Kyle.

Those are clearly the priorities. We don't need to overthink it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I like everything we are doing in the portal, but rebounding remains a concern. We have alot of productivity on the boards to replace.

Reactions: twincyties