OFF THE RECORD: Royce White

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
It’s hysterically ironic that you characterize me as a “dumb kid” who’s overcompensating with big words... and then proceed to post a article from a gossip magazine like COMPLEX. Wow, decadence!

Do you deny the content that Complex published?

Do you deny this content? https://thebiglead.com/2013/09/04/r...a-mehra-a-former-maxim-model-he-used-to-date/

Do you deny this content? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4706508

Provided that the plethora of gaffes illustrated by multiple sources aren't complete lies, perhaps you can see why it's hard to take your cause seriously.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
@ChrisMWilliams Rarely have I seen someone navigate as skillfully and delicately. Well done.

Royce makes some solid points at times and other times falls so deep into traps it seems he has set up for himself.

Reactions: JBone84

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So what does Royce do to help raise awareness for mental health? Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious if he donates his time or money to this cause.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy
May 9, 2018
Royce. You're a public figure. You will have detractors and supporters. You have not earned my respect. You were a hell of a player for us though and I appreciate your time at Iowa State.

I am on this forum because I am an Iowa State fan.

Bolded portion is bloviating. Pose your question in a simple, understandable manner and I will answer it.

I’m not sure what ALL competent people do. I’m pretty sure it varies significantly. However, I’m very comfortable in my belief that competent people should show up wherever there is a conversation, especially in places where there is a toxic culture of blurting... Like in “fan boards for mid-level college athletic programs”. Your characterization of the fan boards actually prompts me to ask what exactly you’re doing here in the forum? If the level of the ISU athletic program quantifies cyclone fanatic engagement as arbitrary?

That was simple enough for me. Your level of comprehension or respect doesn’t determine the “emptiness” of my contribution to the public discourse. As a matter of fact, your description of fan boards as an arbitrary engagement would kind’ve make your own continual involvement on cyclone fanatic technically bloviating.

May 9, 2018
Do you deny the content that Complex published?

Do you deny this content? https://thebiglead.com/2013/09/04/r...a-mehra-a-former-maxim-model-he-used-to-date/

Do you deny this content? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4706508

Provided that the plethora of gaffes illustrated by multiple sources aren't complete lies, perhaps you can see why it's hard to take your cause seriously.

1. The investigation for domestic violence was thrown out. WONDER WHY? Certainly you don’t believe that if a Texas police deprtment had a opportunity to drop a criminal hammer on a young black male athlete, that they would just skip the chance... or maybe you do. That actually wouldn’t be shocking! Haha

2. The Complex staff made it pretty clear that the information was an alleged By the jovial tone. I have 4 children, 2 of which are with a woman I’ve been with since we were both teenagers and am currently married to. I’m very proud of my children and I’m not entirely sure how they are in anyway symbolic of a lack of character.

3. I tossed an overly aggressive mall cop to the ground when I was 18.

4. What makes you think that your position on the cause of “Mental Health” has any significant variant impact. Maybe it’s YOUR lack of variant impact on any social issue that has you resenting my having a platform as a “public figure” at all.

Reel it in buddy...

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
a1eY7Y8_700b.jpg

May 9, 2018
I i have a hard time taking Royce seriously with a lot of the stuff he says.

At one point he claims it was “egregiois” the ncaa didn’t grant him a waiver to play in the 2010-11 season completely ignoring the fact that he was dismissed from Minnesota for a theft and disorderly conduct charge at the mall of America in the fall and then a trespassing charge in the spring in connection with a stolen laptop.

The guy makes some good points on mental health but can’t seem to take ownership for any of his own mistakes in life.

Oops, good thing I’m here to correct these EGREGIOUS errors of fact. I was never dismissed from the University of Minnesota. The trespassing charges were an attempt to salvage some public image after a 3 month investigation that drug out unwarrantedly. The stolen laptop in question had been returned the same weekend (not by me) to the young woman who made the initial report. The ensuing investigation was an attempt to tie me to the incident. That investigation resulted in nothing but evidence of the campus police being extremely predjuice. As a result, I CHOSE to leave the University, after Tubby Smith and I discussed my return to the team the following season. By that time the campus police hade INTENTIONALLY prolonged the investigation because our athletic department made the decision to sideline me until it’s conclusion. Finally after 3 months I was charged with trespassing in a freshman dormitory... I was a freshman... getting the drift? Aren’t you glad I’m here to draw your attention back to the facts?

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
1. The investigation for domestic violence was thrown out. WONDER WHY? Certainly you don’t believe that if a Texas police deprtment had a opportunity to drop a criminal hammer on a young black male athlete, that they would just skip the chance... or maybe you do. That actually wouldn’t be shocking! Haha

2. The Complex staff made it pretty clear that the information was an alleged By the jovial tone. I have 4 children, 2 of which are with a woman I’ve been with since we were both teenagers and am currently married to. I’m very proud of my children and I’m not entirely sure how they are in anyway symbolic of a lack of character.

3. I tossed an overly aggressive mall cop to the ground when I was 18.

4. What makes you think that your position on the cause of “Mental Health” has any significant variant impact. Maybe it’s YOUR lack of variant impact on any social issue that has you resenting my having a platform as a “public figure” at all.

Reel it in buddy...

Ah! So I am to accept that the things that somehow follow you are all misrepresentations, racial profiling, excusable and happenstance! And you happen to be at the center of them. I have friends of all colors that don’t find themselves in the middle of these circumstances.

All of the apologies and I will “reel it in” pronto.

May 9, 2018
I would love to see what would happen if you put Stephan A. Smith and Royce in room together. It would be like an arms race to see who can say the biggest word that nobody understands. My mind wouldn't even be able to comprehend that convo.

What words are you having trouble with? I can certainly help you... I’m not selfish with my time.

May 9, 2018
Ah! So I am to accept that the things that somehow follow you are all misrepresentations, racial profiling, excusable and happenstance! And you happen to be at the center of them. I have friends of all colors that don’t find themselves in the middle of these circumstances.

All of the apologies and I will “reel it in” pronto.

You say “ALL MISREPRESENTATIONS”... like I have some extensive criminal record with convictions. You provided 3 internet articles and 2 of them are completely sensationalized, intentionally. They also fail to acknowledge any conclusion to the story. The other situation just isn’t THAT big of a deal. That’s why it was charged as “disorderly conduct“, it’s a 5th degree misdemeanor, you can get that for being belligerently drunk or having your music too loud... lol! Are you claiming that happenstance, racial profiling and exusability are not all potentially appropriate explanations? That seems really convenient for somebody attempting to justify a previously stated lack of respect?

In more plain terms... Respect DEEZ! Lmao

Reactions: possumponcho
May 9, 2018
I appreciate the offer but I would rather you spend your time on more important topics than my vocabulary. Like recruiting Ejim or Niang for TBT, that would be awesome.

Ahhh... so you did understand the words that were coming out of my mouth?! The dialetical is a fundamental process of profound understanding.

• Funny
Reactions: ILikeCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The thing Royce has never understood is nobody cares whether or not he's in the NBA. There's always going to be good players. It's one of the most competitive jobs in the world.

And he's not the first person with lots of potential to flame out or screw it up in some way without the NBA, or its fans, hardly blinking an eye.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Oops, good thing I’m here to correct these EGREGIOUS errors of fact. I was never dismissed from the University of Minnesota. The trespassing charges were an attempt to salvage some public image after a 3 month investigation that drug out unwarrantedly. The stolen laptop in question had been returned the same weekend (not by me) to the young woman who made the initial report. The ensuing investigation was an attempt to tie me to the incident. That investigation resulted in nothing but evidence of the campus police being extremely predjuice. As a result, I CHOSE to leave the University, after Tubby Smith and I discussed my return to the team the following season. By that time the campus police hade INTENTIONALLY prolonged the investigation because our athletic department made the decision to sideline me until it’s conclusion. Finally after 3 months I was charged with trespassing in a freshman dormitory... I was a freshman... getting the drift? Aren’t you glad I’m here to draw your attention back to the facts?

So if you chose to leave, why do you feel you were deserving of an immediate eligibility waiver? Hundreds of kids choose to transfer schools every year and they don’t apply for, or feel entitled to, immediately eligibility waivers.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84