OFF THE RECORD: Royce White

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChrisMWilliams, May 9, 2018.

1. Malone

Malone Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +2,204 / 230 / -21
    Do you deny the content that Complex published?

Do you deny this content? https://thebiglead.com/2013/09/04/royce-white-under-investigation-for-roughing-up-tania-mehra-a-former-maxim-model-he-used-to-date/

Do you deny this content? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4706508

Provided that the plethora of gaffes illustrated by multiple sources aren't complete lies, perhaps you can see why it's hard to take your cause seriously.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. CYEATHAWK

CYEATHAWK Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Ratings:
    +1,898 / 91 / -4

Maybe this....................

3. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    Ratings:
    +22,650 / 717 / -27
    @ChrisMWilliams Rarely have I seen someone navigate as skillfully and delicately. Well done.

Royce makes some solid points at times and other times falls so deep into traps it seems he has set up for himself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Way up there
    Ratings:
    +6,143 / 232 / -4
    So what does Royce do to help raise awareness for mental health? Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious if he donates his time or money to this cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0

6. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0

1. The investigation for domestic violence was thrown out. WONDER WHY? Certainly you don’t believe that if a Texas police deprtment had a opportunity to drop a criminal hammer on a young black male athlete, that they would just skip the chance... or maybe you do. That actually wouldn’t be shocking! Haha

2. The Complex staff made it pretty clear that the information was an alleged By the jovial tone. I have 4 children, 2 of which are with a woman I’ve been with since we were both teenagers and am currently married to. I’m very proud of my children and I’m not entirely sure how they are in anyway symbolic of a lack of character.

3. I tossed an overly aggressive mall cop to the ground when I was 18.

4. What makes you think that your position on the cause of “Mental Health” has any significant variant impact. Maybe it’s YOUR lack of variant impact on any social issue that has you resenting my having a platform as a “public figure” at all.

Reel it in buddy...

• Like Like x 2
  7. mtowncyclone13

mtowncyclone13 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    grundy center
    Ratings:
    +9,082 / 542 / -18
    Is it too early to nominate this thread for Thread of the Year?

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  8. Cyched

Cyched Minister of Culture

May 8, 2009
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +23,125 / 366 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LoyalFawker

LoyalFawker Active Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    Kansas City
    Ratings:
    +362 / 25 / -0
    I would love to see what would happen if you put Stephan A. Smith and Royce in room together. It would be like an arms race to see who can say the biggest word that nobody understands. My mind wouldn't even be able to comprehend that convo.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    Oops, good thing I’m here to correct these EGREGIOUS errors of fact. I was never dismissed from the University of Minnesota. The trespassing charges were an attempt to salvage some public image after a 3 month investigation that drug out unwarrantedly. The stolen laptop in question had been returned the same weekend (not by me) to the young woman who made the initial report. The ensuing investigation was an attempt to tie me to the incident. That investigation resulted in nothing but evidence of the campus police being extremely predjuice. As a result, I CHOSE to leave the University, after Tubby Smith and I discussed my return to the team the following season. By that time the campus police hade INTENTIONALLY prolonged the investigation because our athletic department made the decision to sideline me until it’s conclusion. Finally after 3 months I was charged with trespassing in a freshman dormitory... I was a freshman... getting the drift? Aren’t you glad I’m here to draw your attention back to the facts?

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Malone

Malone Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +2,204 / 230 / -21
    Ah! So I am to accept that the things that somehow follow you are all misrepresentations, racial profiling, excusable and happenstance! And you happen to be at the center of them. I have friends of all colors that don’t find themselves in the middle of these circumstances.

All of the apologies and I will “reel it in” pronto.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    What words are you having trouble with? I can certainly help you... I’m not selfish with my time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. LoyalFawker

LoyalFawker Active Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    Kansas City
    Ratings:
    +362 / 25 / -0
    I appreciate the offer but I would rather you spend your time on more important topics than my vocabulary. Like recruiting Ejim or Niang for TBT, that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    You say “ALL MISREPRESENTATIONS”... like I have some extensive criminal record with convictions. You provided 3 internet articles and 2 of them are completely sensationalized, intentionally. They also fail to acknowledge any conclusion to the story. The other situation just isn’t THAT big of a deal. That’s why it was charged as “disorderly conduct“, it’s a 5th degree misdemeanor, you can get that for being belligerently drunk or having your music too loud... lol! Are you claiming that happenstance, racial profiling and exusability are not all potentially appropriate explanations? That seems really convenient for somebody attempting to justify a previously stated lack of respect?

In more plain terms... Respect DEEZ! Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  15. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    Ahhh... so you did understand the words that were coming out of my mouth?! The dialetical is a fundamental process of profound understanding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. XxroycewhitexX

May 9, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    Anxiousminds.org

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ForeverIowan

ForeverIowan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 80 / -0
    Give it a rest Malone you are a fricken tool! Thanks for everything you did for Iowa State basketball Royce you are one of my all-time favorites.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. cc1091

cc1091 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Architecture
    Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +281 / 92 / -2
  19. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ratings:
    +18,728 / 573 / -13
    And he's not the first person with lots of potential to flame out or screw it up in some way without the NBA, or its fans, hardly blinking an eye.

20. Messi

Messi Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7,838 / 222 / -4
    So if you chose to leave, why do you feel you were deserving of an immediate eligibility waiver? Hundreds of kids choose to transfer schools every year and they don’t apply for, or feel entitled to, immediately eligibility waivers.

• Agree Agree x 1