Michigan

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
There are apparently some regents that want them to. There’s no way they do, but the thought of Michigan throwing such a tantrum over this that they leave the Big 10 is hilarious to me

Part of me hopes they get their wish so I can watch their fanbase come to the realization that they're no longer a top 5 program in their own conference.

Think Texas with less money and worse natural recruiting base.

Reactions: PickSix

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
There are apparently some regents that want them to. There’s no way they do, but the thought of Michigan throwing such a tantrum over this that they leave the Big 10 is hilarious to me
It's definitely not rational.

But it would be totally on brand for college athletics.

I will be laughing harder than I ever have before if that happens.

clone37

Oct 9, 2010
Has this been proven though? ESPN freaking had a facial recognition software company look at the image, and I believe they only came back with a 7 out of 10 level of confidence it was actually him.

I haven’t seen anything proving he was actually at the game (I could have missed it though, as I’m completely over this story).
The big10 absolutely must have a lot of firm evidence at this point if they pulled the trigger on this suspension. What really drives me crazy these days is institutions like KU and Michigan just completely think they are above the law and act like they are the victim. The ncaa or whatever governing body there is moving forward just needs to drop the hammer hard in these instances to keep this crap from happening again. And they need to hit the decision makers and enablers. Take 1 full year of Michigan's media payout and distribute it to local communities and charitable organizations. Think Michigan would enable such behavior again?

Reactions: nrg4isu

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
There aren’t any regents that are serious about this but they are very pissed.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Lol. The fact that CMU didn't come back with, "well actually that's our strength coaches buddy Dave" or that nobody has come forward to say it was someone else makes it a near certainty that it is indeed him.

As for your previous post, this punishment is far lighter than loss of scholarships.
I think Michigan would happily sacrifice a couple scholarships next year rather than lose their coach for the hardest 3 games of a potential national championship season

• Disagree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I think Michigan would happily sacrifice a couple scholarships next year rather than lose their coach for the hardest 3 games of a potential national championship season

They're not losing their coach though. He can't go to the games but he can work with the team sunday-friday. He's able to install the game plans, someone else will have to throw the challenge flags.

This is a very light punishment that sounds harsher than it actually is.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They're not losing their coach though. He can't go to the games but he can work with the team sunday-friday. He's able to install the game plans, someone else will have to throw the challenge flags.

And notice there wasn't mention of post season.

So if he makes the B1G CG and the CFP, nothi g to see here!

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

Fair enough. I guess we’ll see how big of an in-game loss he is in the next three games

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I have yet to understand the outrage against Harbaugh with regards to the Stallions case.

Stallions got caught. Stallions was instantly let go.

Not sure why Harbaugh is facing more heat for a low lever staffer being dumb than he did for personally breaking recruiting rules during COVID and then covering it up.

Oh, my sides hurt! C'mon....going with the Solo Stallions defense? If he did all of this himself, what was the point? Did Stallions collect the info, and then....do nothing? What was the point of hiring him? They hired him BECAUSE of the scouting. He wasn't an existing staff member that just started scouting on his own.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Oh, my sides hurt! C'mon....going with the Solo Stallions defense? If he did all of this himself, what was the point? Did Stallions collect the info, and then....do nothing? What was the point of hiring him? They hired him BECAUSE of the scouting. He wasn't an existing staff member that just started scouting on his own.

Did Stallions pay for these tickets and travel costs out of his own pocket? He’s an employee on a business trip. I’ve gotta imagine they can’t just cover an expense report from slush money under the rules for a state employee. So someone had to approve that.

And still, how did he get onto the CMU sidelines? You can’t just buy a sideline pass on Ticketmaster. Someone had to call in a request. And I’d imagine a low level assistant isn’t getting that request approved.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Did Stallions pay for these tickets and travel costs out of his own pocket? He’s an employee on a business trip. I’ve gotta imagine they can’t just cover an expense report from slush money under the rules for a state employee. So someone had to approve that.

And still, how did he get onto the CMU sidelines? You can’t just buy a sideline pass on Ticketmaster. Someone had to call in a request. And I’d imagine a low level assistant isn’t getting that request approved.
He did it out of his own pocket, dude was trying to prove himself to get onto and then a higher position on the staff so he could enact his manifesto. Guy was hired to scout and look at tape, so when he said he had signals the staff thought he was getting them the illegal way. This isn’t that hard to believe but I get that some people would never believe it.

He also got on the sidelines because he knows the coach from his time at Michigan who got him on the sideline. At least that is the rumor. CMU says they don’t know if he was on the sideline and the coach said his name wasn’t on any list they had. That’s why the ncaa is investigating

• Haha
  • Creative
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
He did it out of his own pocket, dude was trying to prove himself to get onto and then a higher position on the staff so he could enact his manifesto. Guy was hired to scout and look at tape, so when he said he had signals the staff thought he was getting them the illegal way. This isn’t that hard to believe but I get that some people would never believe it.

He also got on the sidelines because he knows the coach from his time at Michigan who got him on the sideline. At least that is the rumor. CMU says they don’t know if he was on the sideline and the coach said his name wasn’t on any list they had. That’s why the ncaa is investigating
Which even without sign stealing is illegal. If it is truly as innocent as a “rogue coach” why didn’t Michigan wonder where he was on weekends, if he was part of the staff shouldn’t they have noticed he wasn’t around the team certain weekends. They were ok with staff having random unknown absences??

Nobody is doing this out of pocket to prove themselves as a volunteer or only getting paid 35k. He did it with his own credit cards so Michigan isn’t directly connected to the purchases.

The “rogue coach” proving himself is laughable.

And of course CMU knew he was on the sideline. Multiple coaches there were under Harbaugh at Michigan at one point, and none of the overlapped with Stallions at Michigan. Their only connection is Harbaugh . You can’t just randomly wander a sideline if you don’t have clearance to do so. They are in cover their ass mode.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks and legi

NWtornado

Dec 20, 2021
Which even without sign stealing is illegal. If it is truly as innocent as a “rogue coach” why didn’t Michigan wonder where he was on weekends, if he was part of the staff shouldn’t they have noticed he wasn’t around the team certain weekends. They were ok with staff having random unknown absences??

Nobody is doing this out of pocket to prove themselves as a volunteer or only getting paid 35k. He did it with his own credit cards so Michigan isn’t directly connected to the purchases.

The “rogue coach” proving himself is laughable.

And of course CMU knew he was on the sideline. Multiple coaches there were under Harbaugh at Michigan at one point, and none of the overlapped with Stallions at Michigan. Their only connection is Harbaugh . You can’t just randomly wander a sideline if you don’t have clearance to do so. They are in cover their ass mode.

I think he was buying tickets and transferring them to other people who were going to the games and taping for him, if I remember correctly. And I believe the CMU game was on a week night.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron