Michigan

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
"Punished".

Getting to spend the most important time every week (practice, film, prep) with the team is hardly punishment.

I didn't see...can he text assistants during the game?

I thought all phones and communication devices outside of headsets to the booth were banned on the sidelines.

Helser 83

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 7, 2022
And notice there wasn't mention of post season.

So if he makes the B1G CG and the CFP, nothi g to see here!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, if it's only not coaching those three games, it's a big nothing burger punishment.

Reactions: legi

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Still think it's bull **** that the conference dropped the suspension news less than 24 hours before kickoff.

If they're so confident they are in the right, they shouldn't have to fear legal action from Michigan.

The suspension should have been dropped earlier to allow all parties enough time to let the process play out.

Reactions: exCYtable

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Michigan really is getting totally jobbed by the Big 10 which has botched this so bad. But I hate the Big 10 and just enjoy watching the national media dumpster fire this situation has become.

Reactions: PickSix

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
I have no doubt there's sabre rattling, but it would be very hard to see them getting out of the conference any time soon. Didn't they just sign a new GOR recently?
I did a quick search last night and honestly couldn't find a grant of rights for the Big 10. I know the SEC doesn't have one. Not sure about B1G...

Their current TV deal runs through 2030.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Not sure how reliable this source is and I tend to believe it would never happen, but here it is.

It’s complete BS, regents are publicly elected, this is all just a political posturing move. I know 2 regents, one very well and this isn’t even remotely on the table. Same thing with OSU in 2020, it just makes the fans happy and increases approval rating for the AD, nothing actually based in reality.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I did a quick search last night and honestly couldn't find a grant of rights for the Big 10. I know the SEC doesn't have one. Not sure about B1G...

Their current TV deal runs through 2030.
They have their media deal that they agreed on last summer. All of the schools signed their broadcast rights away. It would definitely contain protective stipulations for their broadcast partners, in case a school tried to leave. It may not use the specific "Grant of Rights" terminology, but I guarantee there is plenty of language to compel schools to pay a significant exit fee in the event of leaving.

Reactions: PickSix

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wasn't it a baseball manager that said if your not cheating your not trying. Tempest in a teapot, the big never take the hit.

Reactions: nrg4isu

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Wasn't it a baseball manager that said if your not cheating your not trying. Tempest in a teapot, the big never take the hit.
Best one I've heard is Jerry Tarkanian when he said "9 out of 10 schools are cheating. The one that isn't is in last place."

The Big Ten ADs should be very concerned about the precedent Pettiti is setting. I'm sure he can now suspend almost any head coach whenever he wants, because every staff has rules violations if you look hard enough.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Some extremely angry words from the Michigan AD. He is royally pissed at the B1G … and not without reason, I’d say.

Meh. Let them rage. There's no denial in that diatribe. Just anger about being held accountable. I'm sure they expected that they would be able to push this off long enough to avoid meaningful punishment.

The fact is that the Big 10 conference is not bound by the same rules as a court of law, which takes some oomph out the due process argument.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and legi

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Meh. Let them rage. There's no denial in that diatribe. Just anger about being held accountable. I'm sure they expected that they would be able to push this off long enough to avoid meaningful punishment.

The fact is that the Big 10 conference is not bound by the same rules as a court of law, which takes some oomph out the due process argument.
Yup. All I hear is them being mad that they got caught and are being held accountable.

Either don't cheat, or don't get caught.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009

I LOL at the emphatically “No one” language while we have been listening to excuses all week from their fans.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
It will be hilarious if Michigan loses the game on a controversial call by the refs today. They will go full nuclear.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY