Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Episode 4 was better than episode 3. Definitely the best one of the series so far. We finally had the heel turn that we all knew was coming.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
With Falcon and Winter Soldier, one of my biggest gripes so far has been what appears to most like some shoddy editing in the series, messing pretty greatly with the flow at times, when there has in fact clearly been a completely removed storyline within the series if you look a bit closer. New Rockstars, a youtube channel who puts out some of my favorite Easter Egg videos on each episode, has also picked up on this too and talked about it. They've noted the clues to this in multiple videos of theirs, and they say they are going to eventually put out an entire video dedicated to this missing storyline.

Anyway, what I'm referring to is clearly a missing storyline about some type of pandemic disease, likely removed due to it being too similar to the current COVID-19 crisis we've been going through. Some of the hints have been the vaccines in the trucks all the characters fought on top of a few episodes back, as well as anything related to the weirdly edited Mama Donya stuff. For example, there was the weird scene Karli goes to visit her in the hospital, as well as the weirdly edited off camera description by Nagel of her having Tuberculosis. I mean, do we really buy the fact that she contracted Tuberculosis in an overcrowded refugee camp?? Seems weird, and why would Karli call back to the person she just stole a bunch of serum from to see if he could help with Tuberculosis??? None of that stuff makes even remote sense. I mean, who even is this lady? She clearly is important to these people, but there are major gaping holes in her backstory.

With all that said, I'm just guessing this missing storyline likely has been removed due to being too similar to COVID-19, but it is also possible they ran into issues due to the pandemic with schedules and shooting in order to include it. It could be some of both. Also, while we've known all these MCU series will be fairly short on episodes, I'd be curious to know if this particular series was always intended to be only 6 episodes. Perhaps this missing storyline forced the series to remove an episode or two when it was all completely removed. I'm sure time will turn up more clues, and I'm curious to see what New Rockstars digs up. Regardless, I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who feels like something has clearly been missing so far in this series and clearly messing with the flow, even if you haven't been able to put your finger on it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That's possible but even if there was a removed storyline about some pandemic... it really wouldn't change the story of the show. It might effect the editing but I'm personally not noticing many issues there.

While only 6 episodes, total runtime for the series is probably more than Wandavision.

I will say for me personally at least, I'm liking this more than Wanda. Mostly because I just care about these characters 100x more.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
WandaVision was a completely different and much more personal story.
FatWS is a global issue with a lot more action but still has some character growth as well.

WV was great in its own way because at first we had no idea what was going on, then everyone decided it was all Wanda, then figured out there was more to it on top of that. The overarching theme of dealing with grief was deep and it looks like the series is really setting things up for the future Doctor Strange movie.

FatWS is much more like your standard Marvel superhero movie, which I can understand people preferring. Luckily it also has some depth about PTSD and dealing with global politics

The series are very different but I like both for different reasons. If FatWS had been too introspective like WV was, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
FatWS is much more like your standard Marvel superhero movie, which I can understand people preferring. Luckily it also has some depth about PTSD and dealing with global politics

Uhhh... FatWS is about race in America, and grief, and remorse as well, which is honestly weightier than anything that happened in WV. Just my opinion obviously.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Uhhh... FatWS is about race in America, and grief, and remorse as well, which is honestly weightier than anything that happened in WV. Just my opinion obviously.

Yeah, they've had a lot of good issues. It's just more spread out than WV.
WV was a HARD look at grief over pretty much every episode.
FatWS has dealt with several issues, but some more briefly than others.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That's possible but even if there was a removed storyline about some pandemic... it really wouldn't change the story of the show. It might effect the editing but I'm personally not noticing many issues there.

While only 6 episodes, total runtime for the series is probably more than Wandavision.

I will say for me personally at least, I'm liking this more than Wanda. Mostly because I just care about these characters 100x more.

The effect is the lack of backstory. What Marvel has done so well is that they've provided excellent back stories about how these characters came about. They've just dropped the Flagsmashers in without a lot of explanation as to why they came about. There was a few conversations around the snap and how countries have dealt with that, but there hasn't been the normal Marvel deep dive into them. If the pandemic theory is true, then that very well could have been the backstory that were not seeing.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
At first, I was unsure of why they would pair Falcon and Bucky together. I assumed their tie-in with Cap was the driving force. However, I'm beginning to realize they they can address certain social issues with Falcon, while still keeping a more traditional Marvel plot-line running throughout the show.

It hasn't been perfect, but I feel like everything is beginning to move in the same direction now. Like Trigger said, I feel like there were some elements that were edited out that might have made a few things smoother, but this latest episode seemed like it got things back on track.

I'm curious to see how the series ends and if it will give any nods to future projects.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The effect is the lack of backstory. What Marvel has done so well is that they've provided excellent back stories about how these characters came about. They've just dropped the Flagsmashers in without a lot of explanation as to why they came about. There was a few conversations around the snap and how countries have dealt with that, but there hasn't been the normal Marvel deep dive into them. If the pandemic theory is true, then that very well could have been the backstory that were not seeing.

I think they've done fine on that. The Flag Smashers got used to having more power and agency in the post snap world. When everybody returned, they have been shuffled off into camps by the GRC and put back into their boxes. I don't think there is much more to it than that.

As to how they got hooked up with the Power Broker, well they can't really tell us that because it would ruin one of the central mysteries of the show.

I don't mean to be weird about this but this is one of those cultural things that I don't get some of the criticism's I've seen of it. It's like it's being held to a higher standard than other things and I don't know why.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Yeah, there clearly was some Flagsmasher backstory that was likely tied to the cut storyline. If you haven't noticed, there has been a crazy amount of off-screen dialogue moments of back-story, where someone is talking when you can't see them. Its oftentimes at weird times where the timing doesn't make sense due to them likely just trying to get it in there. These likely were dubbed-in dialogue recorded during reshoots in order to add some level of coherency to the plot, and there is only so many moments you can somehow shove that type of stuff in whether it is the greatest timing or not. Again, I'm generally liking this show overall, but this has been a big contributing factor to feeling like something has been off and messing with my flow for the series. It isn't the only thing, but the biggest thing for now. At first I was just like man, this editor on this series is terrible, until I started to put things together, assisted along by New Rockstars. My closest comparison in seemingly poor editing was the theatrical cut of Batman v Superman, where they were forced to cut the movie down enough to realize some gaping plot holes throughout. These were later mostly filled-in with the release of the longer Ultimate Cut of the movie.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think the last couple episodes are going to be awesome. Can't wait.

I really hope so. At this moment, I feel like some others on here where it seems like we have a ton of storyline threads left to be rounded out in only 2 episodes. If we were at episode 5 of a an 8 episode season, I'd be a lot more optimistic in them bringing it all together in a good form. However, with only 2 episodes remaining, I'm a bit more skeptical. We'll see. Maybe they will surprise me.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I really hope so. At this moment, I feel like some others on here where it seems like we have a ton of storyline threads left to be rounded out in only 2 episodes. If we were at episode 5 of a an 8 episode season, I'd be a lot more optimistic in them bringing it all together in a good form. However, with only 2 episodes remaining, I'm a bit more skeptical. We'll see. Maybe they will surprise me.
That's fair there is definitely a lot to wrap up. Hopefully it wraps up nicely and doesn't feel rushed.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
My completely uninformed guess is the big cameo everyone is wondering about will be Tom Hiddleston's Loki appearing as the Power Broker.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My completely uninformed guess is the big cameo everyone is wondering about will be Tom Hiddleston's Loki appearing as the Power Broker.

Well, here is all the hints we've gotten so far, and based on what these are saying, Loki wouldn't seem to qualify unfortunately.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

For those unaware, Marvel makes these pretty decent Marvel Legends replica helmets of a bunch of the MCU heroes, whether that be Iron Man, Black Panther, Star Lord.... etc. They make some similar pretty cool Star Wars ones too like X-Wing helmets. Anyway, I've always kind of wanted one for my bar downstairs. Saw today Game Stop had a big special with the Ant-Man helmet for only $35 and the War Machine one for only $50 today only. Anyway, that Ant-Man price finally got me to take the plunge. Oh boy, my wife will be so proud of me when that arrives on the front step soon............... not. It is worth noting Ant-Man is one of her favorite characters, so maybe that will ease things over....... not. Man, my wife is such a lucky girl to marry such a nerd. In fact, I'm still not sure she is over me purchasing the authentic Jedi tunic (not approved) to go along with my Disney Parks authentic jedi lightsaber (I actually did get approval for this one).

Hey, at least you guys seem to appreciate my nerdom, so there is that.

Last edited: