• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Disney's production studio (Buena Vista) has already brought in nearly $730 million at the box office this year. Their record appears to be set in 2016 when they grossed $3 billion. If there was a year to beat that mark, it's this year with Black Panther, Infinity War, Han Solo, and Incredibles 2.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Disney's production studio (Buena Vista) has already brought in nearly $730 million at the box office this year. Their record appears to be set in 2016 when they grossed $3 billion. If there was a year to beat that mark, it's this year with Black Panther, Infinity War, Han Solo, and Incredibles 2.

I don't know if it technically counts or not but realistically it does...throw Deadpool 2 in which will be a big box office. Think that's probably the most guaranteed Fox film.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
On a side note and I know this is NOT MCU related, but I actually finished Season 1 of The Tick on Amazon this week, and since it isn't worth having its own thread, I figured I'd just post my review and updated rankings here.

With that said, I actually really loved Season 1 of The Tick. Sure, it is a little hokey and whatnot, but that is exactly what they are going for. Sometimes it is fun to just have a lighthearted superhero TV show to watch and have fun without getting too serious, and this is that. The closest I can compare this TV show to in tone would be The Incredibles and the show Powerless, with a few mature things mixed in. The rated mature thing is interesting as I'd say almost 95% of the show should be rated PG, while you just randomly get a few instances of rated R. It is somewhat weird in that fact. Regardless, I'd highly recommend as the story and characters are great. Probably my biggest complaint though is that The Tick somewhat seems to get sidelined for nearly the entire second half of the season, which is somewhat weird beings how the show is titled "The Tick". Anyway, still check it out and you can see it thrown into my updated rankings below.

1. The Punisher (Season 1)
  2. The Flash (Season 1)
  3. Daredevil (Season 2)
  4. Daredevil (Season 1)
  5. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  6. Arrow (Season 2)
  7. Arrow (Season 1)
  8. The Gifted (Season 1)
  9. Legion (Season 1)
  10. Arrow (Season 5)
  11. The Flash (Season 2)
  12. Supergirl (Season 1)
  13. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  14. Supergirl (Season 2)
  15. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  16. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  17. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  18. The Tick (Season 1)
  19. Runaways (Season 1)
  20. The Flash (Season 3)
  21. Powerless (Season 1)
  22. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  23. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  24. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  25. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  26. Preacher (Season 1)
  27. Arrow (Season 3)
  28. Constantine (Season 1)
  29. Arrow (Season 4)
  30. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  31. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  32. Inhumans (Season 1)

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So Peter Dinklage is in Infinity War. His name is spotted at the bottom of the new theatrical poster. No idea who he is playing.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-dinklage-is-definitely-in-avengers-infinity-war-1823832569

tvf59dudgwrralyiti0m.jpg

uxiab9hijfpbod9jc4no.jpg

Edit: Looks like Heimdall (Idris Elba) is making an appearance, too

• Informative
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would imagine we see Heimdall right at the beginning where he gets smoked by Thanos. And I will weep because Heimdall is awesome.

No, I'm calling it now that Hawkeye gets smoked in the first 10 minutes which is why he isn't in any trailers, much less even the poster.

• Creative
Reactions: 3GenClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
No, I'm calling it now that Hawkeye gets smoked in the first 10 minutes which is why he isn't in any trailers, much less even the poster.

There’s no Paul Rudd listed either though, and I’m pretty sure Brie Larson is showing up in Infinity War (probably post-credits). I would find it weird that they saved Hawkeyes life in Age of Ultron only to kill him off in Infinity War.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I’m 10 episodes in to Jessica Jones and I am really underwhelmed. Right now I think Luke Cage S1 was better than this. I loved Jessica Jones S1 - it is my favorite of the Netflix-series, so this season is a big disappointment. Still 3 episodes to change my mind to maybe rank it ahead of Luke Cage but I don’t think this can compete with Seasons 1 of Jessica Jones, The Punisher, and Daredevil. The best storyline so far has been Jeri Hogarth's (Carrie Anne Moss) and I actually like her character a lot more than I did before.

Update: Just finished JJ S2 - super disappointed. I did not enjoy this season at all. I won’t get in to spoilers, but I’ll just say that I think the show jumped the shark with the villain. That is a storyline that gets explored in Season 4 or 5, as the show winds down to the series finale. Jeri Hogarth (Carrie Anne Moss) was the best and deepest character that was explored. Malcolm & Trish have interesting story arch’s in the works for S3. Disappointed with David Tennant’s cameo. Jessica really didn’t learn much as a character and the flashbacks felt more like filler than adding to the story. This ranks behind Luke Cage S1 and I would only put it ahead of The Defenders and Iron Fist S1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron