Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So an initial (introductory) price under $10/per month for a select period of time, and then a gradual price increase after that? Makes sense to get people on board. Has Disney announced any plans to move their ABC content off of Hulu as well?

I haven't seen any announcement to move things off Hulu and I'm not sure they will to be honest with you. If I remember things correctly, I'm pretty sure Disney has 1/3 ownership in Hulu currently, and if they purchase 20th Century Fox, I think that percentage actually jumps up to like 2/3 or I heard at least majority ownership. Therefore, if that is true, my guess is they don't shy away from Hulu.

• Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Deadpool 2 teaser. Not sure if it's been posted yet.

The credits are the best part. With the both a Roadhouse and Star Trek TNG reference, among others.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ultimately, the movie was just a bit too much of a quirky improv show than a movie displaying the amount of weight and substance I prefer to see.

I think these movies take themselves way too seriously already. Look at the entire DC film archive for an example. Plus, Thor is maybe the most ridiculous superhero out there which is really saying something. I'm really looking forward to watching this, but I like goofy when it comes to 40 year old men running around in tights.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Watched three episodes of punisher last night. Have to say the trailer didn't do much for me, but the show really pulled me in.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Jude Law is in talks for the male lead in Captain Marvel. Early guesses are that he will play Mar-Vell and serve as the mentor to Carol Danvers (played by Brie Larson).
https://io9.gizmodo.com/jude-law-may-star-opposite-brie-larson-in-captain-marve-1820688706

Ben Mendelsohn is also rumored to be the front-runner to play the villain in Captain Marvel, presumably he would be the leader of the Skrulls. Mendelsohn was Director Krennic in Star Wars: Rogue One.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/ben-mendelsohn-may-face-off-against-brie-larson-in-capt-1819822974

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Just finished binging The Punisher. Great season, easily one of the top 2 series Netflix has made, probably my favorite as well. The writing and acting was leagues better than any of the series with exception of maybe daredevil.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Totally agree about Punisher, this is easily one of the best series Netflix has posted, what a great story line and each episode makes you want to keep getting closer to the finish.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Russo Bros posted this Instagram today, which seems to hint the Avengers Infinity War Trailer could drop as soon as 3 Days or possibly as long as 3 months

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, its worth noting I'm finally biting the bullet and delving into The Inhumans. I'm all-in on the MCU in all way shapes and forms, so it isn't like I'm not going to watch it regardless of how bad it may be. With that said, I'm only two episodes in so far, which is essentially what moviegoers saw when they went to see it in IMAX at the theaters. Overall, I thought the first episode was pretty meh, but not necessarily as bad as I thought it might be. However, after watching episode #2, I totally joined the "this thing is awful" bandwagon. In the end, Marvel intentionally and self-admittedly made this thing on the cheap, with a short time-schedule, and with a showrunner/writer in Scott Buck who was already a complete failure (he made Iron Fist), and it TOTALLY shows. Minus a few special effects and I mean a few, I'd almost swear a couple college kids filmed this series. I can also see why IMAX was really mad that they pretty much funded the thing with the expectation they were getting something almost of MCU movie-quality, Marvel pocketed most their money, and then produced some cheap piece of crap just to get it out there. I haven't even touched on the story yet, which gets worse as things go on. Shoot, maybe they want me to feel this, but I actually am rooting more for the villain right now than the heroes since the heroes are completely unlikable. Anyway, I'm in this for the long haul, so I really hope this thing at least gets a little better before the end. So far, if we are talking how the Inhumans are portrayed, Agents of Shield has done a 10 times better job so far of it.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So, its worth noting I'm finally biting the bullet and delving into The Inhumans. I'm all-in on the MCU in all way shapes and forms, so it isn't like I'm not going to watch it regardless of how bad it may be. With that said, I'm only two episodes in so far, which is essentially what moviegoers saw when they went to see it in IMAX at the theaters. Overall, I thought the first episode was pretty meh, but not necessarily as bad as I thought it might be. However, after watching episode #2, I totally joined the "this thing is awful" bandwagon. In the end, Marvel intentionally and self-admittedly made this thing on the cheap, with a short time-schedule, and with a showrunner/writer in Scott Buck who was already a complete failure (he made Iron Fist), and it TOTALLY shows. Minus a few special effects and I mean a few, I'd almost swear a couple college kids filmed this series. I can also see why IMAX was really mad that they pretty much funded the thing with the expectation they were getting something almost of MCU movie-quality, Marvel pocketed most their money, and then produced some cheap piece of crap just to get it out there. I haven't even touched on the story yet, which gets worse as things go on. Shoot, maybe they want me to feel this, but I actually am rooting more for the villain right now than the heroes since the heroes are completely unlikable. Anyway, I'm in this for the long haul, so I really hope this thing at least gets a little better before the end. So far, if we are talking how the Inhumans are portrayed, Agents of Shield has done a 10 times better job so far of it.
Yep, I watched all of them and am just shocked at what these higher ups greenlight or think is a good idea. Just terrible. To me, they should have branched into the Inhumans on AOS before doing a standalone series. And that is just the beginning of the problems

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron