LE podcast

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We don't retire jerseys but surely we could hang one of these up somewhere.
il_570xN.3550413991_8ftq.jpg
I've got one in red somewhere packed away in my basement. Me and 2 guys all bought one when we were in college and wore them to a game with a "Larry Eustachy Fan Club" sign and got our 15 seconds of fame on the big screen. Back then the large majority of the student section was in the upper deck and I bet we were about 10 rows up in the upper deck that day and still got spotted by a camera.

Reactions: HFCS

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
This was a thing?

I can't imagine people actually attending college practices today. I'm stunned Tim and Larry tolerated it.
It wasn't like they were running to message boards twitter or other social media to spill any info to anyone.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've heard that Morgan was ultra paranoid thinking people were spying on his practices.
Probably because they were a pointless disaster. Even an old man could have realized the emperor had no clothes.

I always assumed Wayne just rolled the ball out on the floor, told them to scrimmage a while, and sat down to read a book or something.

Reactions: JM4CY and Cyfan1965

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I'm glad Blum brought up Pete in the interview because those 2 had a bond that went beyond broadcaster and coach.
I haven't gotten to that point in the interview yet, but when Pete passed away, that was the only time I've ever seen Larry get so emotional. He did a coaches show with Walters shortly after that and he was almost crying during that episode.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I haven't gotten to that point in the interview yet, but when Pete passed away, that was the only time I've ever seen Larry get so emotional. He did a coaches show with Walters shortly after that and he was almost crying during that episode.
May never know, but his relationship with Pete may have been a bit of a tether for him.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Man, when that 99 team had a 2 game home stretch to basically win the conference (OSU and UT), they were playing some really high level ball. They just ran through those teams and then ran through KC.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
That Jaquay Walls Colorado game back in 99-00 still upsets me for some reason. I think he went off in that game against us.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Probably because they were a pointless disaster. Even an old man could have realized the emperor had no clothes.

I always assumed Wayne just rolled the ball out on the floor, told them to scrimmage a while, and sat down to read a book or something.

I once heard, from a credible source who may or may not have ties to this site, that there was an entire practice devoted to running around while holding bricks in the air. DURING conference play.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
4 of the 5 regular season conference losses in Tinsley era were all ot losses on the road. I knew both in 99-00 were ot and 1 in 00-01.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All 4 regular season conference losses in Tinsley era were all ot losses on the road. I knew both in 99-00 were ot and 1 in 00-01 but they all were.

Texas wasn't in OT. ISU got swamped down there and imo after that they weren't right. They won by plenty vs. Tech (I was at that game) and Nebraska but you could tell their energy wasn't the same.

I remember watching the 4 OT loss at Mizzou. One of those where I wasn't even mad after it because it was such an exhausting effort.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron