LE podcast

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
The podcast with Larry was absolutely fantastic. Loved to hear how LE is doing and that his thoughts on Iowa State today are so positive.
The idea of bringing back Larry to acknowledge the 25 year anniversary of the first Big 12 title team would be awesome.
Thanks Chris and Brent for a very fun pod.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The podcast with Larry was absolutely fantastic. Loved to hear how LE is doing and that his thoughts on Iowa State today are so positive.
The idea of bringing back Larry to acknowledge the 25 year anniversary of the first Big 12 title team would be awesome.
Thanks Chris and Brent for a very fun pod.

2nd all of this, love how much he can just pull out memories from random games still. Some brutally honest moments too, sounds like a guy who has figured a lot of stuff out.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Man that was such a fun listen. It's awesome to hear from those guys who we (I at least) idolized growing up. Danny Mac will always be number 1 for me because it was the passion he exudes when he speaks that really had me buying into being a cyclone lifer. That said, Larry's teams accomplished so much when I was in high school his impact was huge as well.

To Williams' point, you're not wrong. Alcoholism runs in my family and while my parents did their best to warn me about it, I think Larry's situation did act as a real world example. It is powerful to hear that he owns what happened and doesn't hide from it. That's something I think many can still learn from.

Kudos to Larry for taking his time for the podcast, but even more so for walking the path he has over the past 25 years. Major kudos to @ChrisMWilliams and @brentblum for brining all of this to us as well. Hooked one hell of a catfish

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm really glad it looks like he's in a good place. Like he said in the interview it was too much so fast. You going from coaching a mid major to coming into a Power 5 and having immediate success it could derail the best of people.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We don't retire jerseys but surely we could hang one of these up somewhere.
il_570xN.3550413991_8ftq.jpg