Lattimer arrested last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
As a public service employee, you're damn right they are. Same as politicians.

No. In this thread it is sad. Extremely sad. It is simply done in hopes of minimizing Lattimer's actions because it might affect Cyclone on field production. This thread makes most of those in it sound like Fort Madison's numbered residents. Stories of innocence arrested, wrongful imprisonment and a Rodney King hypothetical. Please. You want to sit on an anonymous message board and call cops ignorant, corrupt and power hungry because a football player was drunk and assaulted a cop? At some point you guys will grow up, become citizens and will need a badge at your door. Let's just hope they're able to find the address or aren't going to ask for a kickback first.

Last edited:
Reactions: LindenCy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No. In this thread it is sad. Extremely sad. It is simply done in hopes of minimizing Lattimer's actions because it might affect Cyclone on field production. This thread makes most of those in it sound like Fort Madison's numbered residents. Stories of innocence arrested, wrongful imprisonment and a Rodney King hypothetical. Please. You want to sit on an anonymous message board and call cops ignorant, corrupt and power hungry because a football player was drunk and assaulted a cop? At some point you guys will grow up, become citizens and will need a badge at your door. Let's just hope they're able to find the address or aren't going to ask for a kickback first.

I don't think anyone has specifically questioned the cops in question here. No one has said that these cops are bad cops and the charges were not warranted. Not at all. I also never made a generalization like the one you just made. The fact of the matter is that there are bad cops out there. Are most of them bad? Of course not, but they exist and some of us acknowledge that. There are people out there who are there to protect the public but in certain cases do not necessarily do that. Instead they abuse the power they have been granted. Again, we seem to have no clue what happened in this instance. Most on here have not claimed to know what punishment is deserved in this instance. The point was that there has been in the past and there will be in the future, instances where the cops are not right in their actions.

Back to main point, cops are not above criticism. If they are then we are in big trouble. They should be held just as responsible for their negative actions as the people they deal with. I'm not sitting here saying we need a total overhaul of the Ames PD. I am just saying that I have witnessed incidents where I didn't feel the action taken by police was appropriate for the crime or lack of crime. For the record, when we had incidents with cops at the place I lived I always felt like we were treated very fairly and in a couple cases probably too fairly for the circumstances.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Here's the problem. As with any position of power, there are always going to be those that abuse it. Many people have seen teachers, coaches, managers, and yes even cops abusing their power.
There are also a lot of good cops, but bad publicity spreads better than good publicity. A lot of people have had a bad experience or know someone who has had a bad experience with the law. Whether it be a traffic stop or more serious.

I don't think anyone in this thred has stated that all cops are horrible, but you can't completely discount that BS has and will continue to happen.

I will wait to pass judgment until I know all the facts and I assume that CPR and staff will do the same. If there is BS involved I hope the charges are dropped and minimal punishment is brought down. If the charges stick there is probably a good reason for them to and CPR will do what he thinks is right.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless

No, I want to sit on an anonymous message board and call cops ignorant, corrupt and power hungry (i'll also throw in liers)because of my direct dealings and experience with them.

No I don't need or want any badges at my door. I like how you try and spin this and justify it by saying the general public is at risk and is hopeless withpout cops. Give me a break. I'm not dependant on them for my safety.

Maybe if cops would start acting and behaving and treating the public with respect they wouldn't receive the back lash that they are getting. I have little respect for cops simply because they, as a whole, have not earned it.

Cops lie. FTP.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No, I want to sit on an anonymous message board and call cops ignorant, corrupt and power hungry (i'll also throw in liers)because of my direct dealings and experience with them.

No I don't need or want any badges at my door. I like how you try and spin this and justify it by saying the general public is at risk and is hopeless withpout cops. Give me a break. I'm not dependant on them for my safety.

Maybe if cops would start acting and behaving and treating the public with respect they wouldn't receive the back lash that they are getting. I have little respect for cops simply because they, as a whole, have not earned it.

Cops lie. FTP.
Someone listens to too much
sigpic3109_8.gif

Reactions: SenorCy

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008

Cops lie. FTP.

I bet you walk around in your Che Guevera shirt, spell America with a 'k' and blame establishment for your failures. If you feel that way about the cops of this country - why are you even still here? Go to this free state you seek. Something tells me your rap sheet may prevent that.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
I bet you walk around in your Che Guevera shirt, spell America with a 'k' and blame establishment for your failures. If you feel that way about the cops of this country - why are you even still here? Go to this free state you seek. Something tells me your rap sheet may prevent that.

You are making this way too complicated, not to mention your inability to formulate any meaningfull response. In general, in my dealings and direct personal experiances I think most cops are liers and dicks who take advantage of their appointed position. Nothing more nothing less. Simple. Didn't mean to make you cry.

Last edited:

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
You are making this way too complicated, not to mention your inability to formulate any meaningfull response. In general, in my dealings and direct personal experiances I think most cops are liers and dicks who take advantage of their appointed position. Nothing more nothing less. Simple. Didn't mean to make you cry.

No tears here. You just carry the same refrain I've heard time and time again from convicts in the pen and recently released. Everything I've studied shows this inability to be accountable for one's own actions and chalk it up as "cops out to get me" is merely done to minimize and justify one's criminal activities. The ones who are most likely to be deemed "rehabilitated" and leave the cycle of sub-civilized behavior are those who recognize law enforcement as doing their jobs and get over their intense distrust authority because they won't let you smoke in peace.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
fight_the_power.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron