KSU vs ISU predictions

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Alright people, it's time to get back on track with all this other crap that's gone on. It's like no one is thinking about Saturday (on CF). We have a basketball game at Hilton that is a very important and a must win game IMO to remain in contention other top teams in this conference.

Game starts at 12:45 CST on ESPN 3.

Seems to me we match up well with K-State. Stats wise we have them beat in most categories. Gipson seems to be their best player, along with Foster.

What's everyone's predictions? I say State by 8.

I would hope this would be a statement game in response to everything that's gone on and our guys come out fired up and focused. They definitely need to.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
I think we shoot lights out and blow them out of the god damn water. If not, then these guys may not be as good as I think they are.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
No sleeping. Play 40 minutes. Win by low double digits.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Alright people, it's time to get back on track with all this other crap that's gone on. It's like no one is thinking about Saturday (on CF). We have a basketball game at Hilton that is a very important and a must win game IMO to remain in contention other top teams in this conference.

Game starts at 12:45 CST on ESPN 3.

Seems to me we match up well with K-State. Stats wise we have them beat in most categories. Gipson seems to be their best player, along with Foster.

What's everyone's predictions? I say State by 8.

I would hope this would be a statement game in response to everything that's gone on and our guys come out fired up and focused. They definitely need to.

I think not only the team bounces back, but they do it in a big way. 88-72.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Alright people, it's time to get back on track with all this other crap that's gone on. It's like no one is thinking about Saturday (on CF). We have a basketball game at Hilton that is a very important and a must win game IMO to remain in contention other top teams in this conference.Game starts at 12:45 CST on ESPN 3.Seems to me we match up well with K-State. Stats wise we have them beat in most categories. Gipson seems to be their best player, along with Foster.What's everyone's predictions? I say State by 8.I would hope this would be a statement game in response to everything that's gone on and our guys come out fired up and focused. They definitely need to.
Foster wet his pants in the atmosphere of Allen Fieldhouse against Kansas. I think the noise of Hilton will do the same to him. If ISU has a long armed defender that can stay with him he can be eliminated from the game entirely. I don't know what is wrong with Spradling. He should be betetr than he is this year. He seems to have regressed from last year. Southwell is a good scorer that can get hot. Gipson is a shorter version of Cameron Ridley from Texas with a little more athleticism. ISU 83 -- KSU 70

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
We've absolutely gotta have this one. Our next 4 games are against ranked opponents, and 2 of them are at home. We've got to get those 2 for sure, and I think we will.

Not sure we can win @KU or @OSU, but after that we should be able to rattle off a nice win streak with TCU, @WVU, TT, UT, @TCU, and WVU, putting us 10-5 in conference, with 3 winnable games left. I really don't see us finishing worse than 11-7 (our conference record last year), which would put us at 23-7. That would still be a pretty decent finish. Unless we go 10-8 in conference, we are also guaranteed to finish with single digit losses this year, which will be the first time that's been at ISU since 2001. Having said all that, I think we can do better than that. But some big strides need to be made in the next 2 weeks.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Looking at the upcoming schedule and our current losing streak, this is getting close to a must win. I think the Clones take care of business at home.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We won't lose again at home this year or next.

ISU by 10. Looking good but still drop 1-2 out of the next three road games.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
obviously, isu will be favored.

k-state played poorly in austin and couldn't finish a game they should have won. and yes, crowds have affected this team's play, particularly in afh.

4 freshmen play considerable minutes and three of them seem to have hit the f'wall, including foster.

thomas gipson can be a tough matchup for anyone and would expect cats will try to take advantage of what they'll see as an advantage.

southwell could play for your team. he's one of those 6'7" rangy guys who can shoot the trey.

spradling has never contributed at a high level and nothing's changed. he's a nice, solid journeyman guard - a settling influence - but he's not going off for 20 on briar cliff much less big12 competition.

k-state wins with defense. but if cyclones sink their jump shots, this will get ugly. otherwise, it will be another nail-bite to the end, as most of our games tend to be.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
I expect ISU to open up a big lead in the first 5 minutes, then get in a defensive slump for 8-10 minutes, and close the half leading by 4. 2nd half, they will come out cold, but turn it on after the first timeout. KSU will stick around until 3 minutes to play, at which point Niang will close it out by scoring on 3 straight possessions. 82-74 Good guys.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
ISU has a rough night shooting, but continues to take the ball to the hoop getting lots of calls in Hilton.

Will SPradling misses a game tying three at the buzzer. ISU 81 KSU 78

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
obviously, isu will be favored.

k-state played poorly in austin and couldn't finish a game they should have won. and yes, crowds have affected this team's play, particularly in afh.

4 freshmen play considerable minutes and three of them seem to have hit the f'wall, including foster.

thomas gipson can be a tough matchup for anyone and would expect cats will try to take advantage of what they'll see as an advantage.

southwell could play for your team. he's one of those 6'7" rangy guys who can shoot the trey.

spradling has never contributed at a high level and nothing's changed. he's a nice, solid journeyman guard - a settling influence - but he's not going off for 20 on briar cliff much less big12 competition.

k-state wins with defense. but if cyclones sink their jump shots, this will get ugly. otherwise, it will be another nail-bite to the end, as most of our games tend to be.

I almost gave an opposing fan on CF a like until you predicted a mildcat win in the last sentence. Really good analysis though.