SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Derailed
giphy.gif

Reactions: Snydes

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If people want to talk about Justin Smith, they should start a thread with his name in the title.
Speak for yourself. If this thread AND the Cam Lard arrest thread can't both contain debates about how good Lindell Wigginton REALLY was then CF needs to be put out to pasture. Would love to get a Fred/McKay management vs Prohm/McKay management debate squeezed in here as well.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Where is all the sudden demand for maintaining thread topic discipline coming from on here all the sudden? Have you guys posted here for very long...?

Long and meandering threads are just kind of our thing.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Where is all the sudden demand for maintaining thread topic discipline coming from on here all the sudden? Have you guys posted here for very long...?

Long and meandering threads are just kind of our thing.
SOME of us have thread topic discipline, Sig. Not to mention some of us have post length discipline while others, and I'm not mentioning any names here or pointing any fingers, not so much.;)

Reactions: jcyclonee and isu83

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
SOME of us have thread topic discipline, Sig. Not to mention some of us have post length discipline while others, and I'm not mentioning any names here or pointing any fingers, not so much.;)

I hear the poster in question is also dashingly handsome and devilishly charming.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I worked with a guy at the time who loved to bet and he asked me if he should bet that game. I don't remember what the spread was but I remember telling him that ISU should win because they had Fizer and that the guards should be pretty good with the new PG coming in (Tinsley).

Needless to say he was not happy with me when they lost.
I would never bet early on an Eustachy team. The next year ISU needed overtime to beat Morningside. The story is that late in that game (in OT maybe?) there was a timeout. The team came over and Larry simply said to them, "You got yourselves into this, get yourselves out of it." and sent them right back onto the floor. I tend to think that Larry liked an early, embarrassing loss whenever he had a good team because it got the team's attention and he could start getting out of them in practice what he needed.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Whar toothpick?

530ec5dba29b9.image.jpg
Hogue and his toothpick have achieved almost mythical status in my mind. Had I not seen it with my own two eyes, I could scarcely believe that such a badass thing would have truly occurred in real life. And it wasn't just a singular occurrence. He balled out almost every game with it. Imagine what kind of psychological turmoil it must have wreaked in the minds of opponents. "Did I just see what I think I did?" "That wasn't a.......was it?"
And while they contemplated the existence of the thing that couldn't possibly be there, and yet very much was there, Dustin would muscle out another rebound and dropkick some poor soul into oblivion.
Hogue is easily one of my favorite players of the modern Cyclone basketball era.