JTS Improvements - Want More

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jack Trice Stadium, home of the world's largest hot tub. I like the sound of that.
giphy.gif

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Don't forget about Forker... I don't think it had been named Forker yet when I was there. I'm pretty sure it was called PE Building (PEB) at that time.

EDIT: Forker was built in 1940 and when I was there in the 80s it still had the original swimming pool in the basement which was a classic.

Not sure if it was the original pool still (I would guess it might have been) but I had a swimming class in Forker back in 2009

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The Pollard Entertainment District will need to be built to withstand the occasional deluge. I can see a big flood berm/wall with gates on the east end of the parking lots.
How deep was the water in that particular area? I feel like it was mostly 2-3’ deep in most of those lots and got deeper closer to Hilton on the north side of Center Dr. I wonder if it would be easier and look better if they just build up that area a couple feet so the entertainment district sits higher than the rest of the flood plain?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
How deep was the water in that particular area? I feel like it was mostly 2-3’ deep in most of those lots and got deeper closer to Hilton on the north side of Center Dr. I wonder if it would be easier and look better if they just build up that area a couple feet so the entertainment district sits higher than the rest of the flood plain?

It was a lot deeper than 2-3" in those lots. More like 2-3'.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It was a lot deeper than 2-3" in those lots. More like 2-3'.
I agree. Think about how much higher Elwood and especially S 4th is than those lots. All of Elwood is under and some of S 4th with the remainder barely dry. It was definitely feet rather than inches. You also see no hint of a curb anywhere in the lots. Only trees are visible above the water.

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I agree. Think about how much higher Elwood and especially S 4th is than those lots. All of Elwood is under and some of S 4th with the remainder barely dry. It was definitely feet rather than inches. You also see no hint of a curb anywhere in the lots. Only trees are visible above the water.
“Elwood”. :cool:

Reactions: nrg4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron