JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yes, just like the northeast corner is showing currently.

I was by there yesterday and they are not done filling the NE hillside. But you can see the finished retaining wall. I’ll stand by my comment...a LOT of dirt to be moved in.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was by there yesterday and they are not done filling the NE hillside. But you can see the finished retaining wall. I’ll stand by my comment...a LOT of dirt to be moved in.
To bad it couldn’t be a water feature. We would have more than enough ToE tears to fill both sides from the last year.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

+1 Looks like the retaining walls will hold several feet of dirt to bring the hillsides up to improve sightlines. Will be a thing of beauty when done.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Wow! This was a great explanation. As imagined, 'computer related' studies are spread across the specific disciplines with a strong core for supporting those studies. There are so many areas I see the need for better development (eg AI security, AI branding, video water marking, licensing, facial, aeronautical and space management, supply chain pricing/distribution, better 3d modeling/printing, better climate modeling/forecasting, better electoral systems, much better eco modeling, and much much better media integrity modeling). I hope ISU has administrative visionaries in the advancement of these and more.

I don't know a lot about what they have in some of those areas, but I do know that ISU has (or at least had) the best 3D printer in the state.

And their Supply Chain Management program is well respected.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I don't know a lot about what they have in some of those areas, but I do know that ISU has (or at least had) the best 3D printer in the state.

And their Supply Chain Management program is well respected.
Oh. Love to hear about the 3d printer. Advancing that technology will vastly improve so many industries, it's just plain hard to imagine. There are so many applications of that which will benefit not only society, but the planet as well.

Reactions: CYTUTT

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Oh. Love to hear about the 3d printer. Advancing that technology will vastly improve so many industries, it's just plain hard to imagine. There are so many applications of that which will benefit not only society, but the planet as well.
Yeah, like a custom 3D printed I-State lamp shade . . . . this is in clear PLA material. I am thinking of painting the I cardinal and the STATE gold. And the logo is on both sides of the shade. The I protrudes out, STATE is recessed into the material.

1614648309037.png

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I also did cookie press (several other non Iowa State designs too), 2" trailer hitch cover and just Iowa State logo print.

1614648571269.png 1614649020935.png