Jalynn Bristow Transferring

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Here is an article from that time. Google. Took one minute.

I would be interested what all of the broken links that supposedly support this to be fact are. The one link that remains is a tweet from Goodman as to who the candidates were. If they are as precarious as that one, I don't have a lot of faith in that report. Goodman wasn't getting anything out of Jamie. It is well known that Jamie is tighter than the drawstring on a miser's purse when it comes to HC searches.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The primary goal(s) of every college basketball team is to win regular season conference titles and go deep into the NCAA tournament.

In 29 seasons, CBF has never won an outright regular season title, tying for the title only once (99-00).

Under CBF's guidance, ISU has made 23 NCAA Tournament Appearances, with 8 - First Round Exits, 9 - Second Round Exits, 4 Sweet Sixteen Appearances and 2 Elite 8 Appearances (1998-99 & 2008-09). Yes, ISU has exited three of every four NCAA tournaments we've appeared in with zero or one victories.

Obviously, CFB wins a significant number of games (.661 winning percentage at ISU) - just as obvious, he doesn't win them when it comes to regular season conference titles or Final Four appearances (zero).

CBF is well-compensated, ranking #23 amongst all WBB coaches as of March 2024, and #2 in the Big XII behind only Vic Schaefer at Texas. As a point of reference, Jennie Baranczyk at OU makes less than Bill and has won twice as many Big XII titles in only three years at the helm.

The first sentence is my opinion, but everything which follows is fact. It's the age-old argument, do you need to win titles to be considered "great"? I subscribe to the theory you do, so I'm not as enamored of CBF as the majority of the board. It doesn't help my frame of mind when we lose a player like Jalynn Bristow, whom I viewed as a key piece moving forward in a watered-down Big XII conference.

Don't shoot the messenger - address the FACTS and give me your "take" - I'm truly interested in the unblinking loyalty, especially from those of you who've closely followed or had season tickets for decades (mred, Shadow, NWIACY, Acoustimac, etc.).
Let's see how Jenni does in the SEC with her own recruits. She won the last two years with Sherri Coale's recruits. She added a couple of her own recruits and added a few transfers.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let's see how Jenni does in the SEC with her own recruits. She won the last two years with Sherri Coale's recruits. She added a couple of her own recruits and added a few transfers.

I think she'll be ok. She was solid at Drake. But time will tell.

Reactions: acoustimac

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I liked Bristol the most out of the fab 5. No one seems to have great success when they leave ISU. Joens, Fuerbach, and Fritz are backups. Donarski averaged 10 ppg with an unranked team.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I liked Bristol the most out of the fab 5. No one seems to have great success when they leave ISU. Joens, Fuerbach, and Fritz are backups. Donarski averaged 10 ppg with an unranked team.

Feuerbach isn't starting at Iowa like she did at ISU but she is playing in a Final Four which has to count for something. Not everything is about individual stats or even basketball. Will be interesting to see her role next year with as a senior with a slew of freshman coming in.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Feuerbach isn't starting at Iowa like she did at ISU but she is playing in a Final Four which has to count for something. Not everything is about individual stats or even basketball. Will be interesting to see her role next year with as a senior with a slew of freshman coming in.

She also tore her ACL last season. Not sure how it affected her progression. Her soph season was ok, playing in 32 games, getting adjusted to the new system. We'd never know what she could have become if she wasn't injured. It's probably similar to MEM's situation for us that injury robbed her chance to show her best.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Who exactly retires exactly when they are supposed to according to rule of 88? I haven't known one professional at ISU that just said "oh, I've got the rule of 88, that was my goal. Done!"

No offense, but that seems to be an Iowa school teacher thing primarily. I know a decent number of them that had that goal (or at least took it when it arrived.) Most of them really deserved it after that amount of time in the schools though.

My dad used 88 to retire in his 50's. Not a teacher. He's in his 70s now and pretty active/healthy. I hope I can be retired as long as he has.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
She is in the SEC not the MVC now.
Meh she was holding her own in the B12. During Bill's down turn more than just one Cyclone fan was sending long looks toward her. If Bill would have been let go. She was on a lot of fan's short list.
Hopefully we can ride the current wave and then revisit the topic when Bill retires.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Never occurred to me until right now. Holliday, TX to Norman, OK is only 2 hour drive. Since they are leaving Big 12, it wouldn't cause me any heartburn if JB transferred to OU.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
The experience Feuerbach would have had playing at ISU would have advanced her capabilities much further by now. Yes, she does get to play on a final four team and it’s similar to the experience (mpg) to a Bristow for us. Def getting court time, but not yet a main contributor. She definitely has the potential to make an impact next year…we will see.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
I think she'll be ok. She was solid at Drake. But time will tell.
I'm not sure OU's style of basketball will be able to compete with South Carolina, LSU, and now Texas. I doubt they win an SEC championship in the near future, but they could form a part of that second tier.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Never occurred to me until right now. Holliday, TX to Norman, OK is only 2 hour drive. Since they are leaving Big 12, it wouldn't cause me any heartburn if JB transferred to OU.
I assuming TCU and SMU (with their move to ACC) are also going to be in play for her.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I'm not sure OU's style of basketball will be able to compete with South Carolina, LSU, and now Texas. I doubt they win an SEC championship in the near future, but they could form a part of that second tier.
Jenni won the B12 title this season because she beat UT twice and has a history of solving their pressure D with her motion offense. I agree South Carolina is currently on a different level as long as Staley is there and keeps level headed.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
The experience Feuerbach would have had playing at ISU would have advanced her capabilities much further by now. Yes, she does get to play on a final four team and it’s similar to the experience (mpg) to a Bristow for us. Def getting court time, but not yet a main contributor. She definitely has the potential to make an impact next year…we will see.
I’m guessing she wouldn’t trade 2 Final Four experiences for an extra 15-20 minutes per game. I think it worked out well for her.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So what happened? Below is a quote from Jalynn after the loss to Stanford. How does one mesh that positive statement with a sudden turnabout move into the portal? Enigmatic.

She's a good poker player. Just telling media folks what they wanted to hear.

It's not like she's going to use that forum to say she plans on transferring. In the end, its a personal decision and some people hold their true feeling close to the vest.

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron