IOWA vs IOWA STATE

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
I would recommend maybe wearing just a plain neutral shirt. Saw a hawkeye fan or two in the student section at Hilton a couple years back and they had a rough night.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'll most likely wear my red chiefs sweatshirt with a white CyHawk Trophy Tshirt on under it.

You might want to switch that up since you just announced what you are wearing to a bunch of ISU fans. That would make it too easy for some who might not like this idea to spot you. Just a helpful tip.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
You might want to switch that up since you just announced what you are wearing to a bunch of ISU fans. That would make it too easy for some who might not like this idea to spot you. Just a helpful tip.
I dont care if they know I'm an Iowa fan. 150 kids from my graduating class go to ISU and the same from the class before and after. Im going to be recognized no matter what, I just dont want to antagonize people by wearing black and gold.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I dont care if they know I'm an Iowa fan. 150 kids from my graduating class go to ISU and the same from the class before and after. Im going to be recognized no matter what, I just dont want to antagonize people by wearing black and gold.

Why not? When I was in school there was always a few 'trolls' wearing Iowa gear year round. It will always be a Hawkeye state. Always...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why not? When I was in school there was always a few 'trolls' wearing Iowa gear year round. It will always be a Hawkeye state. Always...

Since it's named the Hawkeye State you are probably correct. You probably think the name is sports related.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I am not talking about the people you know that will recognize you. I am talking about the people you don't know that will recognize you. Just saying...

UKCyclone

Feb 7, 2012
I am making my first post to say you have to support your guys no matter what. I wore an ISU shirt in the Iowa student section for the Iowa v. UNI football game with the two blocked kicks a few years ago. I few thousand students chanting ***hole at you is only scary if you let it be.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
I am making my first post to say you have to support your guys no matter what. I wore an ISU shirt in the Iowa student section for the Iowa v. UNI football game with the two blocked kicks a few years ago. I few thousand students chanting ***hole at you is only scary if you let it be.
This sounds like good natured fun I really wouldnt be opposed to. I've also seen in various arenas things get physical, but i'm not worried about that at either of our state institutions.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Why would someone with no friends get recognized? Your pal the custodian going to be there?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron