I believe in CMC

Discussion in 'Football' started by omar34, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    Ratings:
    +34,122 / 1,766 / -114
    Lol. Next year was last year. Now you’re already crying about it. This fan base is becoming what I’ve always hated. Not fun. Not in tune to the sport. Not in tune to our own program. Not cognizant of history. STOP BEING HOK FANS.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. dirtyninety

dirtyninety Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Ratings:
    +2,995 / 207 / -27
    Have you ever heard of a "false flag"? It exists on sports boards as well as almost any internet forum where people can be manipulated to think there are mean boogie-people out there saying naughty words or using naughty hand gestures. Not a single real Cyclone fan is posturing as such with Coach Campbell.....some Hawkeye or Purple Kitty trolls, posers and imposters, probably.

3. Omaha Cy

Omaha Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Ratings:
    +1,038 / 23 / -0
    I still believe in CMC. Im stoked for all that is returning in 2020. Should be a good team coming back. Already circling the KSU game where I'll be at "out for blood levels".

My percentage of belief in CMC will be even higher if ISU uses a play (QB sneak) that is statistically proven at every level of football to be a highly effective means of achieving the desired result of gaining 6 inches on 4th down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedDog

RedDog Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Ratings:
    +4,512 / 68 / -1
    CMC is a QB sneak away from greatness.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 2forISU

2forISU Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +1,314 / 164 / -2
    I still have no idea what the identity of CMC teams is. Game-to-game is a guessing game. The only consistent is the lack of discipline from TO's to false starts, back-breaking mistakes

6. Cyrealist

Cyrealist Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Ratings:
    +164 / 35 / -6
    This is what I've been saying. It's iron-clad, inescapable fact that half the teams lose every week. That's 50%. If by a great coaching hire, great fan support, etc. we can get over 50%, great. But , with the exception of a couple of non-conference games on our schedule, we are playing schools that have as much or more invested in their teams as we do. By what logic to we "deserve" to win more than those other schools? Don't Mike Gundy and Cowboy fans expect to have a good program? The elite schools as measured by resources available can win consistently, decade after decade. We have to be the Try Harder guys. Sometimes it's enough, sometimes it isn't. When we're over .500 and in the conversation for winning the conference, we should count our blessings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    Ratings:
    +4,029 / 231 / -11
    CMC is the right man for the job

However -

UNI (shouldn’t have been that close)
    Iowa (bad special teams)
    Baylor (piss poor start)
    Oklahoma State (throwing 100 times)
    Texas (almost blew it)
    Kansas (Let them play with us)
    Kansas State (embarrassing)
    Notre Dame (even more embarrassing)

All of these games you could point at poor coaching, whether CMC or elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CoachHines3

CoachHines3 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 90 / -2
    I believe our fan base is overreacting and saying really stupid things

i believe our fan base thinks we’ve gone 10-2 for the past 20 years and now that we’re 7-6 they think everything is bad

i believe I have to go poo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2,766 / 294 / -49
    I would agree you with you on some of those games, but we did defeat Texas, almost blowing it does not matter, we won. Kansas almost beat Texas in Austin. The others I would agree with.
    This football season felt a lot like ISU in BB last year, we had the talent to win the title, but not sure if it was the chemistry or what, but the only time they jelled was during the Big 12 Championship in KC.

This team just had to many unforced errors, Purdy's fumble on the goal line vs Iowa, the pick 6 vs OSU, slow start at Baylor. How many times did we not catch an INT, that would have stopped a drive, how many 3rd and longs did this team give up?

Something happened after the Texas win, and we just mailed it in the against KU, KSU and ND. Learn from it and move on into the off season. Beats the hell out of a 3 or 4 win season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Male
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +30,550 / 1,128 / -61
    Yeah, definitely not in the 'fire campbell' camp (and anyone who is at this point would be a goddamn moron, imo), but if the time ever comes i won't be incredibly worried. Coaching hires are *always* gambles, but while part of why we're having success is due to having a solid coaching staff, another largepart is that we're finally at a place, as a program, where we're not a couple decades behind everyone else in facilities and program support from the administration, and Campbell is the first coach to really be able to take advantage of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    Ratings:
    +34,122 / 1,766 / -114
    Yes. With what we have been and what we are every ISU fan should be ecstatic about going to a bowl game and absolutely creaming their pants at going to 3 straight bowl games. Now if we get to the point where we go to 10 straight bowl games and never experience a 9 or 10 win season in there then maybe some hand wringing could be in order.

12. CoachHines3

CoachHines3 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 90 / -2
    i cant believe people are actually questioning campbell.

its new years ppl not april fools.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Ratings:
    +19,643 / 297 / -4
    I'm pretty sure they had the 3rd or 4th and short thing figured out better than most teams in the country just two years ago. ISU was 14 of 19 on 4th down.

14. Artic Zone

Artic Zone Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1,252 / 37 / -5
    #54 Artic Zone, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    I’m fine with Campbell. I want him at ISU. That being said I’m tired of all the hashtags and TOE and win in the margins bs. At some point just go ******* win the games. ISU lost 3 games they should not have this year. Iowa. KSU. Osu.

I can support a coach and want him at ISU and be critical of some of their decisions. People are too polarizing. “You’re either in or out”
    no. I hate that ****. There’s grey area. This isn’t a nuclear crisis or a war. It’s college athletics.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ratings:
    +19,383 / 595 / -14
    #55 madguy30, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    If we're putting KSU and OSU in there Baylor should be included too.

Otherwise agree. The resurgence of the program and setting up for real confidence were great and one season can't lead to pitchforks. He'd have to dip down to actual bad like CPR's final 3 seasons for any firing talk to have merit.

That said slow Septembers and frail Novembers aren't going to get to the levels he talks about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Ratings:
    +12,074 / 440 / -9
    Nailed it. It is possible to appreciate and believe in Campbell and the direction of the program while also recognizing this season as a disappointment.

The "but we should be glad to win 7 games" crowd fails to take into account which 7 we won. We had to scratch and claw to beat UNI and Kansas. We beat very medicore WVU, TTU. Rival loss to Iowa, complete no-shows against K-State and Notre Dame. Sure we won 7 games, but it was far from convincing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RedBlooded

RedBlooded Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -0
    I wonder what grad transfers we will see this year.

18. LarryISU

LarryISU Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    insurance claim adjuster
    Omaha
    Ratings:
    +1,556 / 57 / -2
    I, for one, also believe in CMC. Now, granted, I have never seen him close up. But I have heard others say they have. And through my binoculars while seated in the Sukup club, I am quite comfortable in stating that the guy in the black cap was really him. Sometimes you just gotta have faith, and I do. There really is a Coach Matt Campbell!

19. hoosman

hoosman Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Engineer
    Burlington
    Ratings:
    +723 / 99 / -11
    Teams we played that made almost no errors all game- UNI, TOE, KSU, OSU, KU, ND. Why not ISU? Campbell's ideals are good: run based, good fundamentals, regional recruiting, player buy-in. He talks the talk, but doesnt walk the walk yet. We start out our season unprepared, fight our way to respectability, and then fall flat to end the season - like a sine wave of expections and realizations. We were ranked preseason, then stunk against UNI and TOE. Beat ULM. TCU, TTU, WV. Returned to rankings, then stunk against OSU. Fought on, beat KU and Texas, made CFB rankings, and then stunk against KSU and ND.

20. bostrem00

bostrem00 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    ISU Post-grad Warrior
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +466 / 64 / -4
    I find this one a little hard to believe. There is starting to be at least rumblings of consternation among the typical lunatic fringe after 3 straight mid tier/lower bowl games after virtual depravity for 4 seasons. To think that there won’t be a growing vocal minority and media alike starting to join in, now that CMC’s guys are all in the system.

• Creative Creative x 1