I believe in CMC

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
The game didn't go like we hoped it would go! This is just another stepping stone to even better teams in the short future! We're recruiting better every year since CMC has been here and playing in the best bowl possible this year! I know it sucks loosing but we just played ND we'll learn alot from it and the future is bright! Buck up and hold your heads high and be proud that CMC is our coach! Go Cyclones!!

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
The game didn't go like we hoped it would go! This is just another stepping stone to even better teams in the short future! We're recruiting better every year since CMC has been here and playing in the best bowl possible this year! I know it sucks loosing but we just played ND we'll learn alot from it and the future is bright! Buck up and hold your heads high and be proud that CMC is our coach! Go Cyclones!!
Anyone who wants a new coach must be a new fan that didn’t go through years of 1 or 2 wins and a random positive year of 7 wins, or delusional. Disappointing season? Sure, but give me a break if anyone thinks we can do better. If Campbell left he would be maybe the most sought after coach in the nation. Iowa state is on the map and for the first time I can remember, we’re disappointed in a 7 win season let alone jumping over multiple teams to get to camping world bowl to play a big named school. And most of the talent is coming back. We’re just reloading and developing. Don’t forget how soon into the process this is.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
giphy.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You’re gonna catch some hell on the board for saying this especially within 24 hrs of that cluster of a game but I agree with you.

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Some of us have been "waiting 'til next year" for a loooooooooooonnnnnngggg time!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
If you would have told me that we'd end the game with 1 penalty for 5 yards and that we'd lose by 24, I wouldn't have believed it.

Unfortunately, the two early turnovers put a lot of doubt in players and coaches minds early on and they never recovered. Offensively, we never played like we thought we were better and the results confirmed it.

We need to treat this as a step backward that we'll learn from versus us reverting back to our old culture.

My hopes for next year are that we start the year and the games with a better sense of urgency. I think CMC wants to play like a team that can hold a lead and grind out a game, but we continue to have to stop opposing teams' momentums before we can start our own.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Read Stanz's column. CMC said essentially few plays here, few plays there were the difference. Well, how about a lot of plays. Total butt whooping. We lose to ND 9 out of 10 times. Saying that, CMC is the man leading us.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cycsk
Sep 10, 2013
Terribly disappointing but I really think we/ISU can do no better than Campbell. A significant step up from Rhoads and Chizek but we're/they're certainly not the world beaters we got drunk on kool-aid with in the summer/fall this year..

Enjoy the bowl game participation today as State will likely be done for the year after the regular season in 2020. No bowl game next year.