F1 2023 Discussion

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
All week, same tire locking up in the same corner. Something with that car is jacked, hopefully they can figure out what it is.
You know damn well if that was Max, RB would have figured it out by qualifying but since its Checo their response is ‘we dont see anything on the data to suggest a problem’

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You know damn well if that was Max, RB would have figured it out by qualifying but since its Checo their response is ‘we dont see anything on the data to suggest a problem’
This seems silly, this would imply that they're sabotaging Checo?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
This final restart is gonna be spicy the way Merc has been able to get the jump on Max on the other starts today.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
It's 2:30am, i drank too much and i have no idea what is happening in this race anymore

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I fell asleep like 30 laps in, woke up with 4 laps left and shut it off because it looked like it was ending under a safety car. What a dumbass move on my part.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I watched half, recorded the rest, woke up this morning and realized my dvr didn’t record the last safety car lap, just googled results. I was stoked for Haas. Then F1 tried to figure out what the rules were, which apparently they make up on the fly.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I watched half, recorded the rest, woke up this morning and realized my dvr didn’t record the last safety car lap, just googled results. I was stoked for Haas. Then F1 tried to figure out what the rules were, which apparently they make up on the fly.
They actually followed the rules to a T. It was the announcers who kept throwing out all of this speculation on other ways the race could end. It’s the same rules that they followed at Silverstone last year, only that was at the beginning of the race. If a red flag comes out, before all cars have passed sector 1, the order reverts to the previous lap.

I just think for safety sake, they need to take a look at doing standing restarts after red flags. I know it’s not as exciting as the grid restart, but it seems a rolling restart, would cause a lot less chaos. Especially at that point in the race, when you know a lot of guys are going to take some chances to move up spots for the final lap.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
They actually followed the rules to a T. It was the announcers who kept throwing out all of this speculation on other ways the race could end. It’s the same rules that they followed at Silverstone last year, only that was at the beginning of the race. If a red flag comes out, before all cars have passed sector 1, the order reverts to the previous lap.

I just think for safety sake, they need to take a look at doing standing restarts after red flags. I know it’s not as exciting as the grid restart, but it seems a rolling restart, would cause a lot less chaos. Especially at that point in the race, when you know a lot of guys are going to take some chances to move up spots for the final lap.
Agreed, it benefits some more than others but the rules were applied correctly it seemed.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan94

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The fact that Carlos got a penalty and Gasly didn’t is crazy to me, should either be both penalties or not.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

They’re lucky if they get through a single standing start. Doing it when everyone is desperate with cold tires and hot brakes is always going to go this way.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I finally finished watching the race. The F1 TV commentators did a great job of calling exactly what the rules were and what would go down on the restarts right after the red flags happened.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron