F1 2023 Discussion

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Want to make the sprint race really interesting? Make the spring race starting positions be the inverse of either the drivers championship points or the race qualifying order. Lets see just how fast and good the front runners actually are. Or maybe just draw names out of a hat. It would give the mid and back ranked drivers something to strive for during the sprint other than just not crashing.

Friday - Two practice sessions
Saturday - Race qualifying & Sprint Race with an inverted grid.

Now, it might just turn to chaos and wreck a lot of cars or the top tier guys might just slow roll around the track trying not to get into trouble.
I remember a couple years ago Hamilton started 20th in a sprint race and ended in 5th.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
George had no grip and hit him putting a hole in his car, not hard to see why he's upset.
I get that’s the easy way to justify the way Max acts but it’s an incident on what, the 2nd turn of lap one? The issue is that Max acts entitled to having everyone else let him have his way. Any racing incident he cries like a petulant child. The whole point is to race! But I guess he’d prefer everyone letting him through.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro and cyfanbr

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I get that’s the easy way to justify the way Max acts but it’s an incident on what, the 2nd turn of lap one? The issue is that Max acts entitled to having everyone else let him have his way. Any racing incident he cries like a petulant child. The whole point is to race! But I guess he’d prefer everyone letting him through.
I don't think how he acted was appropriate, but emotions are high. George crashed Bottas at Imola 2 years ago and then took a swipe at him. George put his car through Max's sidepod and cost him a chance at the sprint win, that's cool that he apologizes or whatever but it still happened.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I don't think how he acted was appropriate, but emotions are high. George crashed Bottas at Imola 2 years ago and then took a swipe at him. George put his car through Max's sidepod and cost him a chance at the sprint win, that's cool that he apologizes or whatever but it still happened.
I guess my larger point is that it happens in racing. Anytime something happens to him, it’s the end of the world and everyone else is incompetent. He wouldn’t hesitate to be just as aggressive if he weren’t in a car that was light years ahead of the rest of the field

• Agree
Reactions: StormnClone58

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I guess my larger point is that it happens in racing. Anytime something happens to him, it’s the end of the world and everyone else is incompetent. He wouldn’t hesitate to be just as aggressive if he weren’t in a car that was light years ahead of the rest of the field
And people should and do call him out for it, George doesn’t get a pass because it was max that he crashed into.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Nobody said George got a pass. He admitted fault, and tried to apologize for it. What else is he supposed to do?
Since George was at fault it shouldn’t be surprising that max was pissed. Him apologizing is a good look for him, but he was still in the wrong and max was rightfully upset.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
accidents happen. It’s ok to be mad when they do, but max is and has been super whinny any time something negative happens to him. Great driver, but can’t stand the guy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Not sure George was too apologetic and honestly don’t think he needed to be. It was corner 2 of the race. Max knew the risk of leaving his car there, and what does George have to lose? Also Max had a major car advantage, just let him go and get him down the main straight with your DRS advantage. It just shows Max’s character that he couldn’t see any part of his own decision making being wrong there.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That wasn’t George’s fault, or Max’s really either. George had the line so there’s no reason for him to back out and Max knew it was a risk to keep fighting him for it. Definition of a “racing incident” IMO.

Max being indignant like that after the race is ridiculous, he’s been on the other side of it countless times, but that’s just the way he is.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Holy **** that ending with Ocon was nuts, so dangerous.

I love seeing good things happen to Checo.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Holy **** that ending with Ocon was nuts, so dangerous.

I love seeing good things happen to Checo.
Agreed. Just finished watching the race and that end was absolutely crazy. Someone could have gotten seriously hurt.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That was really close to being really bad.

Big week for Perez, looks like he has a legit shot to push Max pretty hard this year.
Wonder how long Red Bull will allow that to happen? Think Horner loves Max more than his own kids.

• Agree
Reactions: StormnClone58

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Once RB have a hood gap to the field in the constructors. Check’s car will no longer be as drivable as Max’s. Only way he stays in it is if another team can push RB to the finish and I don’t see that happening.