[Eli Sanders Added] 2021 Class Breakdown

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Depends what you consider the Star position. Our nickel is still a nickel since we would have 5 DBs since the star is its own position.
Basing who plays the position I'm pretty sure Star is a DB. That and our defense is considered a 3-3-5.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Basing who plays the position I'm pretty sure Star is a DB. That and our defense is considered a 3-3-5.
Again, it’s what you want to label things. The star position is the star position, I know DCs don’t get hung up on names, not like Heacock said we have to go 3-3-5. He looked and said if we have this style and these guys do this, then this will be our outcome. It’s like labeling, in a four man front, one interior lineman a NG and one a DT, they line up the same generally and have similar roles. People just get stuck on labels. Why people more talk about interior Dlinemen than NGs or DTs anymore. We have our base, when we bring in another DB, that’s our nickel, then if we grab another we hit dime and then quarters if we get wild. Many times our Star position is told to gain weight or get lighter and faster at other schools. We have a spot for that light LB or heavier DB and that’s why we can attract those players.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Again, it’s what you want to label things. The star position is the star position, I know DCs don’t get hung up on names, not like Heacock said we have to go 3-3-5. He looked and said if we have this style and these guys do this, then this will be our outcome. It’s like labeling, in a four man front, one interior lineman a NG and one a DT, they line up the same generally and have similar roles. People just get stuck on labels. Why people more talk about interior Dlinemen than NGs or DTs anymore. We have our base, when we bring in another DB, that’s our nickel, then if we grab another we hit dime and then quarters if we get wild. Many times our Star position is told to gain weight or get lighter and faster at other schools. We have a spot for that light LB or heavier DB and that’s why we can attract those players.
Actually in a four a NTs base position is an inside shade on the weak side guard while a DT would be an outside shade on the SS.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

To me the discussion is interesting because I am a football nerd so it is something to talk about during the off season to keep from going batshit crazy during a pandemic, but also as it adds to the discussion about needs in recruiting and what a potential recruit brings to the table. If you are recruiting for the skillset as I understand needed in the STAR role, they likely need to hit better than a CB but also likely don't have the same footspeed/coverage skills as a CB. Someone a bit undersized for a more pure LB might fit this role well if quick enough to have some coverage skills as well.

Now, if I can just get those two brothers "Will" and "Mike" Linebacker figured out...

Reactions: aauummm

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Any signing day surprises like in the past?
Well, except for this guy . . . .

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Well, except for this guy . . . .

Ha- great read! This guy brings a unique attitude to kicking. If all he does is send kickoffs through the endzone, I'd consider that a win.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Not too late to add this guy, right?

Saw him play as a sophomore. Cornerstone is in backyard. Pastor John Hagee owns it. I did manage to go to a game in 2019 to jordyn Morgan play.

he’s a good qb, they were good with him, better without him this past year.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Saw him play as a sophomore. Cornerstone is in backyard. Pastor John Hagee owns it. I did manage to go to a game in 2019 to jordyn Morgan play.

he’s a good qb, they were good with him, better without him this past year.
That’s too bad to hear. College Football deserves an elite QB named General Booty.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron