Deonte Burton's game

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
It's not a bad pod, but its definitely the weakest of the Iowa Everywhere lineup. Probably not fair to compare JBo to seasoned media pros that Williams, Blum, Miller, Hassel have become, but he comes across really juvenile and simplistic compared to them, and again probably not fair comparison but his anecdotes and wisdom from his playing career are super childish compared to Rosenfels
JorBo sounds like a college kid reminiscing about his high school basketball team.

In fairness, he’s still a kid. You can’t compare him to CW, Blum, Miller, Hassel, etc. especially not Hassel who - like him or not - is a professional TV personality.

But for all the $hit talking he does and as much as he likes attention, his performance on these pods is not great.

Reactions: CapnCy

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'm still PAINED that Burton was constantly getting to the rim vs Purdue in the NCAA tourney, then when ISU absolutely needed a bucket late, he pulled up and clanked a jumper.

And by getting to the rim I mean absolutely abusing the highly regarded center they had. Thunder dunking and **** like that.

Anyways I got over it, but can't see his name without lamenting that shot he took.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
It's wild to me that Jbo even played against Deonte. Feels like Deonte has been gone for a decade by now and Jbo just wrapped up his career a few months ago.
Are You Sure Season 7 GIF by The Office

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
I haven’t listened to the podcast at all but it’s mainly because it’s a basketball podcast with no basketball being played right now. I’m sure I’ll listen to it when the season rolls around but right now I just don’t need to listen to it with all the football content being made by CF and IE

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
It's not a bad pod, but its definitely the weakest of the Iowa Everywhere lineup. Probably not fair to compare JBo to seasoned media pros that Williams, Blum, Miller, Hassel have become, but he comes across really juvenile and simplistic compared to them, and again probably not fair comparison but his anecdotes and wisdom from his playing career are super childish compared to Rosenfels
This! I give jbo some grace as he is only a few months out from playing and I imagine it’s a bit humbling as an athlete having to talk about guys like IB signing NBA contracts when you played on the same court with them just a year ago. For an athlete that first year after you hang up the laces is a tough transition as most feel like they have more in the tank. He deserves some credit for jumping into a podcast like IE compared to a more partisan platform like hawknation. Him and Niang on the same pod was fun.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This! I give jbo some grace as he is only a few months out from playing and I imagine it’s a bit humbling as an athlete having to talk about guys like IB signing NBA contracts when you played on the same court with them just a year ago. For an athlete that first year after you hang up the laces is a tough transition as most feel like they have more in the tank. He deserves some credit for jumping into a podcast like IE compared to a more partisan platform like hawknation. Him and Niang on the same pod was fun.
I was bummed that Georges was only on for like 15 minutes. He's the only reason I tuned into that pod.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I haven’t listened to the podcast at all but it’s mainly because it’s a basketball podcast with no basketball being played right now. I’m sure I’ll listen to it when the season rolls around but right now I just don’t need to listen to it with all the football content being made by CF and IE
Geez I certainly hope this isn’t THE bball pod for IE during the season. Really hope they pair Stanz with somebody else for that. Settles or whomever.