**** daylight savings

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I’m taking it a step further. Get rid of timezones too. No one uses a standard 8-5 workday anymore. So just have everyone with the same time and adjust your work or school hours based on your region.

Keep going! Why does a day have 12 or 24 hours anyway? Make it 10, or 20 or something. And months? 13 months would make a lot more sense, but lets go with 10 for those also. and why a 7 day week?

It's all made up anyway, lets make something that has some sense to it!

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Keep going! Why does a day have 12 or 24 hours anyway? Make it 10, or 20 or something. And months? 13 months would make a lot more sense, but lets go with 10 for those also. and why a 7 day week?

It's all made up anyway, lets make something that has some sense to it!
Ok Robespierre

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
I am definitely in favor of eliminating Daylight Savings Time, but the discussions so far have been centered around permanently moving forward one hour (DST365, as I like to call it) and I think that's a TERRIBLE idea. Sunrise would land at 8:30 am on Christmas Day. During the shortest days of the year, most people would be driving and spending at least an hour at work in total darkness.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I am definitely in favor of eliminating Daylight Savings Time, but the discussions so far have been centered around permanently moving forward one hour (DST365, as I like to call it) and I think that's a TERRIBLE idea. Sunrise would land at 8:30 am on Christmas Day. During the shortest days of the year, most people would be driving and spending at least an hour at work in total darkness.

Id much rather have that light in the evening when its actually usable.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Without DST the sun would rise at 4:30 Am in the summer - **** that ****!!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Without DST the sun would rise at 4:30 Am in the summer - **** that ****!!
I may have a compromise for you two…..

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I’m taking it a step further. Get rid of timezones too. No one uses a standard 8-5 workday anymore. So just have everyone with the same time and adjust your work or school hours based on your region.

Isn't that what a timezone is? A set of time routines based on your location?

Reactions: VeloClone

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
Id much rather have that light in the evening when its actually usable.
Everyone says that, but everyone who has tried it has ended up changing their minds.

I may have a compromise for you two…..
The juice of the time change just isn't worth the squeeze. I'm fine with the sun coming up at 4:30 in the Summer. My bedroom has blackout curtains. :cool: