Dan Winters leaving WHO

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Dan W is not a fake, he's genuinely a good guy. A guy I've done some work with had cancer. Dan is a friend of his. Dan helped lead a benefit and was generous with his time. My son also played against his son in basketball on a Saturday, Dan ran the scoreboard etc. I'd guess Dan wants to do more of this.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I've always kind of wondered how those that do the 6 & 10 time slots schedules work?

Do they get there 2-3 hours or so before the first show and then can go home for Dinner after the 6 pm show and then come back like an hour or so before the 10 pm show?
I want to say i heard Murphy one time say sometimes he could go home for a couple hours (lives close?) but that schedule of 6/10 seems brutal if it is basically your 8 hour day being like 3-11PM.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
On Andy's more segment he mentioned Colleen Kelly is leaving Star 102.5 morning show. That morning show has always been my favorite local no sports morning show. Kiss has no local show and KIOA and Lazer have changed local morning so much it's ridiculous.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm going to miss Dan. Seemed like a good dude and did a good job. I can't think of any other dude at WHO that seems suited for it, other than Andy.

But that schedule would be brutal. You'd have a hard time seeing your kids.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm going to miss Dan. Seemed like a good dude and did a good job. I can't think of any other dude at WHO that seems suited for it, other than Andy.

But that schedule would be brutal. You'd have a hard time seeing your kids.

Yeah I think Andy would be the logical choice if he wants the job otherwise I could maybe see them putting Justin Surrency there too or if you wanted to go with 2 females both Jannay Towne and Jodi Long would be good choices too. Dave Price just seems too "dry" to me to be putting in the prime news anchor slots.

13 doesn't really have anyone that has been there an extended ammount of time besides the ones mentioned above so would not be surprised if an external candidate were to be the choice if 1 of those don't want it. Andy and Jodi both have young kids too so the morning show while getting up early sucks at least their day is done in time to pick their kids up and do things with them in the evenings.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't know him as a person but he's would check all the boxes for a main anchor. Or what you think of a stereotypical news anchorman having.
I wasn't commenting on him as a person as I don't know him either, I was basing it on his on air presence. Guy is horrible.

• Dumb
Reactions: jcisuclones

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Why not go with just Erin. Why is 2 anchors necessary? KWWL has survived with 70 year old Ron Steele as lone anchor.

After all, there is a Weather & Sports person to eat up airtime.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Why not go with just Erin. Why is 2 anchors necessary? KWWL has survived with 70 year old Ron Steele as lone anchor.

After all, there is a Weather & Sports person to eat up airtime.
Ron's been there since I was a little kid. Feels like he should be older than 70 lol. Dude is ancient.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Justin Surrency at the desk with Erin tonight at 6. Would not be surprised if this is a test run before he is named the replacement for Dan.

Reactions: Saul_T