Cooper Tires

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Anyone have experience with Cooper tires for a car? I have a Nissan Altima, very disappointed in the Goodyear Assurances I bought a little over three years ago. Need replaced already and I've read some good reviews on a couple Cooper options. Thanks!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’ve had coopers before. I’ve liked them but I don’t know that I’ve disliked any tires either.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Never had coopers on a car, but the Discoverer AT3 is a really solid pickup tire, particularly in snow. Tread life doesn't usually last what they claim though.

We have run General Altimax RT43 on all non-pickup vehicles for probably close to a decade and love them.

Edit: Just now realized that General discontinued the RT43 and replaced it with the RT45, and reviews online are very mixed. Disappointing.

Last edited:

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
I am onmy 3rd set of cooper tires 2 full set on my wife car and now 2 sets on my previous car and now a full set on my pickup we have had really good luck with coopers during the winter you won’t be disappointed

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
I just bought a set of Cooper Adventurer All Season for my VW Tiguan. I am in so cal, so no worries about snow for me. The ride improved enough where I noticed it after they were put on. Not sure how well they will do on rain / snow yet. I am not a tire expert at all. I had BF Goodrich before.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Anyone have experience with Cooper tires for a car? I have a Nissan Altima, very disappointed in the Goodyear Assurances I bought a little over three years ago. Need replaced already and I've read some good reviews on a couple Cooper options. Thanks!
I have Cooper CS5 Ultras on my Chevy Equinox. I really like them. They improved the handling substantially and are good in rain & snow.

I was also able to move up a speed rating with these but still get a great tread life warranty. And that accounts for the improved handling.

I know lots of SUV's and Crossovers come with the CS5 Ultras from the dealer FWIW.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Three years actually seems like a pretty decent amount of time for a tire unless u rarely drive.

Cooler tires are good, not great

Frog

May 6, 2021
I had F&F put on CS5 ultra touring tires on my daughters car ( chevy malibu) and holding up good, no complaints. Good tire in all weather.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I got a set of Cooper Adventurer Tour tires 2 years ago and have no issues with them. I live in Chicago so they’ve been in all types of weather, traffic, and road conditions.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Never had coopers on a car, but the Discoverer AT3 is a really solid pickup tire, particularly in snow. Tread life doesn't usually last what they claim though.

We have run General Altimax RT43 on all non-pickup vehicles for probably close to a decade and love them.

Edit: Just now realized that General discontinued the RT43 and replaced it with the RT45, and reviews online are very mixed. Disappointing.
I've run many pairs of cooper tires. I have the AT3 on the truck right now, pretty decent too and have held up well. The cooper car tires have never impressed me, they tramlined like a SOB. I agree on the RT43 and now the RT45 and 365 AW (I've run these, very good in winter), those General tire models are fantastic tires.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Had good luck with several sets of Cooper Evolution on my Honda Fit. Believe the new line is Endeavor though. Quieter and much better traction in wet/snow than the garbage Firestones that came from the factory.

As an added bonus they were US made which is not very common for my tire size. See if that remains the case long term after being bought by Goodyear a couple years back.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I've run many pairs of cooper tires. I have the AT3 on the truck right now, pretty decent too and have held up well. The cooper car tires have never impressed me, they tramlined like a SOB. I agree on the RT43 and now the RT45 and 365 AW (I've run these, very good in winter), those General tire models are fantastic tires.
Interesting that you mentioned tramlining on the car tires, both sets of AT3's that I have had tramlined really badly for the first 5-10k miles then significantly improved. It's extremely annoying for a while, but the tires perform well enough that I've gotten past it.