Campbell on ‘22 Spring FB

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
You are right.

Guess I got spoiled by Mac.

Guess I just need to shut up and take Matt's insults and disrespecting the fanbase and the University.

Can't expect a coach to say or do anything that keeps the fans excited and engaged.

Can't expect a coach to talk about how he is going to reload after so many key players graduated and moved on with their lives.

Can't expect him to say anything positive about the players he has returning. Or something positive about how he is going to fix our anemic offense and erratic special teams play, or something positive about how the defense is going to keep things rolling.

Just have to sit and listen to mind numbing coach speak that qualifies every positive with a negative.

Not to get political, but Hillary was more informative during the Benghazi hearings than Matt is during a press conference.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to make a living covering ISU football. Campbell gives them nothing to work with.
It’s the first few days of spring practice. Also when did Campbell ever disrespect the fans or the university. Get a grip

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Then why complain about it? It's not going to change, so why listen? Sounds like it's something that easily solvable by not listening.
That is a great idea. Maybe I should stop following ISU. Maybe I should give up my season tickets while I'm at it.

What a ******** response.

I was a Cyclone long before Matt showed up. I'll be a Cyclone long after Matt leaves.

Maybe Matt should start acting like a big boy coach and start respecting the fans and the school.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
That is a great idea. Maybe I should stop following ISU. Maybe I should give up my season tickets while I'm at it.

I was a Cyclone long before Matt showed up. I'll be a Cyclone long after Matt leaves.

Maybe Matt should start acting like a big boy coach and start respecting the fans and the school.
You gonna cry? Sounds like you're crying.

How is his disrespecting the fans and the school? Sounds to me you think you're entitled to information that you're not entitled to.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

You are just unreasonable.

Matt has done nothing to disrespect ISU or the fan base.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
You are right.

Guess I just need to shut up and take Matt's insults and disrespecting the fanbase and the University.

Can't expect a coach to say or do anything that keeps the fans excited and engaged.

Can't expect a coach to talk about how he is going to reload after so many key players graduated and moved on with their lives.

Can't expect him to say anything positive about the players he has returning. Or something positive about how he is going to fix our anemic offense and erratic special teams play, or something positive about how the defense is going to keep things rolling.

Just have to sit and listen to mind numbing coach speak that qualifies every positive with a negative.

Not to get political, but Hillary was more informative during the Benghazi hearings than Matt is during a press conference.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to make a living covering ISU football. Campbell gives them nothing to work with.

We are a nation of petulant toddlers...

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
You are right.

So after 2 spring practices he should be spouting how much growth there was over the last 60 days? Also, other than the first minute, the discussion topics were driven by the media.

Not sure what you were looking for: he spoke highly of CB depth & it allowing Johnson to move to safety. Spoke highly of LB room. Online group is healthy and he is optimistic. Think he's got a good WR group in Hutchinson, Shaw and Wilson.

It's March, no need to win a press conference and to be honest, as a program we are beyond that. I would rather have Campbell's quiet confidence than Mac's hype which in some cases was overblown.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

1646761958374.png

• Haha
Reactions: DarkStar

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That was painful to watch.

Campbell just looked lost. 20 minutes of coach speak. Doesn't know what he has for a team after coaching many of these guys for years.

Rewatched it a couple times hoping there would some small tidbits to get excited about.

Nope.

I was excited about the open practices. This threw a huge wet blanket on that.

P.S. Do not ever believe anything he says about injuries. Last year it was we reduced contact during practice to stay healthier. First game rolls around and multiple key players are dinged up.

Why does he owe you small tidbits to get excited about? You're a child.

MileHiCy

Mar 19, 2020
Matt Campbell is a great football coach. Don't get so excited about football right now. Enjoy/cheer for basketball, track, and softball. Getting bigger, faster, and stronger are the most important things an athlete can do off-season.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I just don't understand why Matt Campbell doesn't tell us everything about the football program. Complete lack of transparency regarding this team. Us fans deserve to know all of the details.
:jimlad: (shouldn't need the jimlad emoji, but included it anyways)

• Friendly
  • Haha
Reactions: Aclone and DarkStar

MileHiCy

Mar 19, 2020
I just don't understand why Matt Campbell doesn't tell us everything about the football program. Complete lack of transparency regarding this team. Us fans deserve to know all of the details.
:jimlad: (shouldn't need the jimlad emoji, but included it anyways)
The transfer rules are so f'ed up in college sports right now. He probably doesn't know who will be on the team in the fall.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Everyone’s OL has guys dinged up or injured…. it’s just an excuse.

The truth is…. our OL has basically always been avg at best….. they gotta be better.
I don't think its just an excuse. The DL coach and Uwarizike had a video before the season how going up against the offensive line made them a lot better and they both made it sound like the offensive line was beating the defensive line not the other way around. We had a solid DL.

I think the injuries could have been a big part of things, I look forward to seeing what the OL does this year. I think Campbell hyped them a fair amount before the season and most of the time Campbell hands out praise at least on an individual player, that player goes on to contribute quite a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone and Aclone

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa

WTF is wrong with you?

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
I don't think its just an excuse. The DL coach and Uwarizike had a video before the season how going up against the offensive line made them a lot better and they both made it sound like the offensive line was beating the defensive line not the other way around. We had a solid DL.

I think the injuries could have been a big part of things, I look forward to seeing what the OL does this year. I think Campbell hyped them a fair amount before the season and most of the time Campbell hands out praise at least on an individual player, that player goes on to contribute quite a bit.
Based on player talent and coaching ability the top end for our O-line is "average." Injuries, and anything less than top performance, get us to below average in a hurry.

Campbell's mistake was overhyping the O-line in the last pre-season.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Saying Mac did anything other than coach speak and cheerlead and spin some really bad football was a bad take.

I guess I’ll take going to 5 bowl games in a row over worrying about what he says.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron