Campbell on ‘22 Spring FB

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was surprised not to see this Zoom conference already linked.

Two minor nuggets? ‘21 OL had lots of injuries, and Darien Porter is doing well at corner.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I was surprised not to see this Zoom conference already linked.

Two minor nuggets? ‘21 OL had lots of injuries, and Darien Porter is doing well at corner.

Everyone’s OL has guys dinged up or injured…. it’s just an excuse.

The truth is…. our OL has basically always been avg at best….. they gotta be better.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Everyone’s OL has guys dinged up or injured…. it’s just an excuse.

The truth is…. our OL has basically always been avg at best….. they gotta be better.
This is mostly true, but I felt that the lack of Remsburg was a big difference between 2020 when our line was actually good and last year. He probably was legitimately injured, and it probably cost us at least one win.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
This is mostly true, but I felt that the lack of Remsburg was a big difference between 2020 when our line was actually good and last year. He probably was legitimately injured, and it probably cost us at least one win.
I agree. Having 2 tackles playing tackle instead of 2 guards will help.

We had 5 interior OL playing the majority of the time last year.

• Winner
Reactions: JimDogRock

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm excited to see what Miller and Remsburg can do at tackle. I personally don't think the interior of our line was as good as it should have been last year. Hoping Downing, Hufford, and Simmons all show great improvement. I think the talent is there, we just need guys to be physical and consistent.

Reactions: cyclone1209

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
That was painful to watch.

Campbell just looked lost. 20 minutes of coach speak. Doesn't know what he has for a team after coaching many of these guys for years.

Rewatched it a couple times hoping there would some small tidbits to get excited about.

Nope.

I was excited about the open practices. This threw a huge wet blanket on that.

P.S. Do not ever believe anything he says about injuries. Last year it was we reduced contact during practice to stay healthier. First game rolls around and multiple key players are dinged up.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI

Campbell just looked lost. 20 minutes of coach speak. Doesn't know what he has for a team after coaching many of these guys for years.

Rewatched it a couple times hoping there would some small tidbits to get excited about.

Nope.

P.S. Do not ever believe anything he says about injuries. Last year it was we reduced contact during practice to stay healthier. First game rolls around and multiple key players are dinged up.
I see you're a glass half-full kinda guy

• Funny
Reactions: DarkStar

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Nope.

I mean. What do you expect him to say?

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I mean. What do you expect him to say?
You are right.

Guess I got spoiled by Mac.

Guess I just need to shut up and take Matt's insults and disrespecting the fanbase and the University.

Can't expect a coach to say or do anything that keeps the fans excited and engaged.

Can't expect a coach to talk about how he is going to reload after so many key players graduated and moved on with their lives.

Can't expect him to say anything positive about the players he has returning. Or something positive about how he is going to fix our anemic offense and erratic special teams play, or something positive about how the defense is going to keep things rolling.

Just have to sit and listen to mind numbing coach speak that qualifies every positive with a negative.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to make a living covering ISU football. Campbell gives them nothing to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You are right.

Guess I just need to shut up and take Matt's insults and disrespecting the fanbase and the University.

Can't expect a coach to say or do anything that keeps the fans excited and engaged.

Can't expect a coach to talk about how he is going to reload after so many key players graduated and moved on with their lives.

Can't expect him to say anything positive about the players he has returning. Or something positive about how he is going to fix our anemic offense and erratic special teams play, or something positive about how the defense is going to keep things rolling.

Just have to sit and listen to mind numbing coach speak that qualifies every positive with a negative.

Not to get political, but Hillary was more informative during the Benghazi hearings than Matt is during a press conference.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to make a living covering ISU football. Campbell gives them nothing to work with.
Did you even listen to what was said, or would you complain regardless?

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone and ISUKyro

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
You are right.

Not to get political, but Hillary was more informative during the Benghazi hearings than Matt is during a press conference.

You should probably go take a lap and calm down

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You are right.

Sounds like you didn't even listen. I half-listened while working and can still remember him saying good things about Downing, Vance, Dekkers, Johnson, Kyle, Ellis, Moore, Dean just off the top of my head.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Sounds like you didn't even listen. I half-listened while working and can still remember him saying good things about Downing, Vance, Dekkers, Johnson, Kyle, Ellis, Moore, Dean just off the top of my head.
He coach spoke every one of those.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron