Caleb Grill has been dismissed from team

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'm more tolerant of such said stuff between friends over drinks to blow off steam in the heat of the moment than somebody taking the time to sit down, navigate to this site, setup a new thread with "Bonehead" in the name, and then type out of a message about why indeed they think Caleb Grill is a bonehead.

There's a very different level of intent and premeditation there.

Maybe. In this day and age of internet and texting........all you see are numbers and letters. There is no intonation, emotion if you will. Just sterile letter's and emoji's to convey one's meaning.

When I saw "bonehead" by the OP I laughed because that term is rarely used in a way to demean anyone. And in my experience one of amusement i.e. that was a boneheaded move.

So yeah, I can see where someone might think it too far. But I only have to go back the Prohm era when the coach and players were called much worse.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Something up with him. I've noticed he's kinda wired different before these latest antics. Watch the way he chews on his fingers on the bench. Looks like he's gonna chew them off some nights. He needs to chill a bit. I would bet him and TJ have had a conversation, and that's the last of that. Does it again bench him.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
Something up with him. I've noticed he's kinda wired different before these latest antics. Watch the way he chews on his fingers on the bench. Looks like he's gonna chew them off some nights. He needs to chill a bit. I would bet him and TJ have had a conversation, and that's the last of that. Does it again bench him.
There is definitely something on top of injury.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He was shooting over 40% on high volume before the injury. He's also a good defender (when healthy) and rebounds well for a guard.
All our guards rebound well for a guard. It’s TJs set up, he has said he likes his bigs to box out and have the smalls get the boards. Why you will see Rob boxing out facing the guy.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
giphy.gif

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
A couple thoughts after reading some of the posts. I think Grill is limited with his offense and really can't create his own shot. He's a great shooter when he's able to get his feet set but I think teams have seen that and so they know if they stay on him and are physical with him they can throw him out of his rhythm.
I think he's getting frustrated with not being able to get a descent shot and probably somewhat because of his injury.
TJ not working the refs is a misperception IMO. His style isn't to act like an idiot but rather to talk to the ref like a person. I've listened to him talk about it on the coach's corner show and he feels like if you act like an idiot that the refs will actually go the other way on you and not give you the call. I'm sure some would disagree with that.
With that said, we've had some really disappointing losses this year and knowing we could have 3 or 4 more wins is frustrating. But, I am happy we have TJ and hope that starting with next years recruits added to the guys we already have we'll start becoming more athletic and consistent.
When there is a time out and the officials give Huggins an audience, I wish TJ would call the officials over and ask then what they hell they are talking about. He can't just let other coach plead his case with the officials without countering. I guarantee you Huggy is coaching the officials on what to look to for on the floor.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
There is definitely something on top of injury.

I don't know the extent of his back injury......or if he was planning on coming back next year.

If he wasn't returning next year......and this back injury means he won't be himself for the rest of the season, then I can see this really bothering him.

Reactions: Cyburbbalz

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe. In this day and age of internet and texting........all you see are numbers and letters. There is no intonation, emotion if you will. Just sterile letter's and emoji's to convey one's meaning.

When I saw "bonehead" by the OP I laughed because that term is rarely used in a way to demean anyone. And in my experience one of amusement i.e. that was a boneheaded move.

So yeah, I can see where someone might think it too far. But I only have to go back the Prohm era when the coach and players were called much worse.

Conditt got called a POS last year in a huge win at TCU by someone on here.

People were weird before the interwebs but this deep dark place some go to over a college basketball game is tough.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
There's better ways to get back then costing your other brothers two free-throw and possession. His three other brothers on the court didn't react in a way that cost the team so much. Plain and simple Grill has acted childish the past couple weeks.
Unhinged at the OSU game. Seems the head guy needs to get through to him or sit him down.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Conditt got called a POS last year in a huge win at TCU by someone on here.

People were weird before the interwebs but this deep dark place some go to over a college basketball game is tough.

Well.....George was part of the Prohm era and some on here are infected with some anti Prohm virus for life. They hear names like Tre Jackson, Jaden Walker, Rasir Bolton all they see is Steve Prohm and start foaming at the mouth.

My daughter took Cyride to class many times last year and George was on the same route. Said he is the nicest guy.

Reactions: Cyclones8824

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I think this is not on TJ, but the conference officials. If they let it appear one coach is getting preference over another; than that is on them. They did it last night, and they should be trained/reprimanded to not let it happen, or else go officiate at the high school level!

And no official should have to make a call to get "control" of a game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron